Baer brake kit

gotjack

Established Member
Thinking of replacing my stock cobra brakes with a Baer brake kit front and rear which do you guys recommend for weekend street car? Want stopping power and looks once I install my 18 inch cosmis wheels

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I did the 6P calipers a few years ago and overall I'm happy with them. Though at my current power level I'm thinking larger front brakes are in my future. I'll need to get new wheels though.

Does Baer make a rear kit for these cars? I didn't think anyone did. Or maybe it was they make them, but they don't keep the e-brake.

gotjack

Established Member
I did the 6P calipers a few years ago and overall I'm happy with them. Though at my current power level I'm thinking larger front brakes are in my future. I'll need to get new wheels though.

Does Baer make a rear kit for these cars? I didn't think anyone did. Or maybe it was they make them, but they don't keep the e-brake.

Larger? Dont the 6p come with 14 inch rotors?? I think your right haven’t seen a Baer rear kit for the cobra

01yellercobra

Established Member
There's a couple kits. The 6P is designed to work with the stock rotors. There's another kit that comes with the 14" rotors.

redrocket16

Established Member
I recently got a set of Baer’s for my cobra. Size wise it’s night and day difference and stopping power as well. I’m still bedding pads and rotors but it’s been great so far. Also I think I saw baer is 15% off with lethal right now so if you’re close I’d pull the trigger as I haven’t seen Baer do any other sales.

I tried to do the rear gt500 setup with the stock caliper but sadly they didn’t clear my wheels. I think FTBR sells a larger rear setup.

Attachments

• 472540D7-A589-40AD-AA69-1FC5EEF42B37.jpeg
    472540D7-A589-40AD-AA69-1FC5EEF42B37.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 48

gotjack

Established Member
I recently got a set of Baer’s for my cobra. Size wise it’s night and day difference and stopping power as well. I’m still bedding pads and rotors but it’s been great so far. Also I think I saw baer is 15% off with lethal right now so if you’re close I’d pull the trigger as I haven’t seen Baer do any other sales.

I tried to do the rear gt500 setup with the stock caliper but sadly they didn’t clear my wheels. I think FTBR sells a larger rear setup.

Those looks awesome. What’s size are your wheels? Are those 14 inch rotors? You get rear set as well?

redrocket16

Established Member
Ok I’m worried my cosmis 18x9 won’t clear the 14 inch and caliber. I’m kind of weird and want all my rotors and calibers to match. Not sure what to do

Check Baer’s website as I think they have a template you can print to see if the kits will clear your wheels.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dig up! But good new info

Kenny brown has a pro 4R front kit that sizes in like a 6p 14” but is giant 4p with 1” thick pads, very light caliper…

They optimize heat and have a very trick cooling duct mount to run great even with repeated hard stopping on track. It’s not cheap at 4500, but it’s very light, 2pc rotor, castled pistons and very trick. The technology here is on point with 8000 Brembo/ap/etc et al 6p kits

Because they went with 4 giant pistons, they can get it priced into a decent bridge point between great street 6p kits and full on race 6p kits.

Here’s a link, I also spoke on the phone with them about these and other stuff suspension to chassis regidity for “5-15min” (45 min and Rich was incredibly awesome/helpful)

Definitely worth a look.

Nice thing is it’s sized into a 6p and looks the business. Custom spec your color etc. they sell brake ducting kits also which is key to keeping heat in check. I was very impressed with their passion and knowledge. You can tell these guys love what they do.

I think if they had just gone the marketing route and fitted a smaller 6P design these would be all the rage, but they work better as a large 4 and they have been overlooked for years because 4p seems wimpy compared to 6p but technically these are a steal.

I plan to get these, and I’m strongly interested in their shelved but viable new edge SLA and hub/spindle…

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread