BAP Question

raw23062

Established Member
Still learning this car and one of the things that I've read about a few different times is the BAP blowing a fuse. For obvious reasons I want to make sure I know what to look out for. Where is the fuse located usually and is there a tell tale sign when it blows? Thanks guys!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
suscribing...

This is news to me, I have one on the way that needs to be installed.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I have not had any problems with the BAP!! I ran a 8 gauge wire to the front of the car (wiring up-grade kit) that uses a 40 amp fuse - Pic 1 ... The BAP has a built in Mini 30 amp fuse as well....Have you Data Logged to check the duty cycle of the pumps??

PIC 1 - 40 amp fuse

50.jpg

PIC 2 - BAP when I was almost completed in the trunk area

56.jpg

59.jpg

raw23062

Established Member
I have not had any problems with the BAP!! I ran a 8 gauge wire to the front of the car (wiring up-grade kit) that uses a 40 amp fuse - Pic 1 ... The BAP has a built in Mini 30 amp fuse as well....Have you Data Logged to check the duty cycle of the pumps??

QUOTE]

Hey, thanks man. No, I haven't. That's still pretty new territory for me. So I take it I can connect my handheld and go to data log and there will be something about the duty cycle of the pumps? What am I looking for?
Basically I just want to make sure I'm on top of taking care of this motor. I know the car was tuned during much cooler weather and it's HOT here now. Seems to run a little different when getting on it hard...not bad or anything, just feels "different" like a little less hp which would be normal given the hear but it feel like it could be a little more than just the temp...but could easily be in my head too. Just wanted to make sure everything was operating properly....and a lean condition is one thing I am always concerned with.
Thanks again for the reply. I've got the big gauge wire going from the battery but I assumed that was for the audio/video system in the car....now Im wondering if its for the BAP. Hard to tell since the trunk set up is all hidden.

IMG_2359-2.jpg

IMG_2368-1.jpg

raw23062

Established Member
You change the fuel pump fuse in the distribution box under the hood and the one on the BAP inline fuse!

Thanks man! I would assume if the fuel pump one blew the car wouldn't run, correct? Does it appear the BAP inline is like the one I have coming off of my battery above?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

QUOTE]

Hey, thanks man. No, I haven't. That's still pretty new territory for me. So I take it I can connect my handheld and go to data log and there will be something about the duty cycle of the pumps? What am I looking for?
Basically I just want to make sure I'm on top of taking care of this motor. I know the car was tuned during much cooler weather and it's HOT here now. Seems to run a little different when getting on it hard...not bad or anything, just feels "different" like a little less hp which would be normal given the hear but it feel like it could be a little more than just the temp...but could easily be in my head too. Just wanted to make sure everything was operating properly....and a lean condition is one thing I am always concerned with.
Thanks again for the reply. I've got the big gauge wire going from the battery but I assumed that was for the audio/video system in the car....now Im wondering if its for the BAP. Hard to tell since the trunk set up is all hidden.

IMG_2359-2.jpg

IMG_2368-1.jpg

You really need to chase down that wire to make sure its NOT servicing both!!! BAP should have a stand alone wire! :beer:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

PIC 1 - 40 amp fuse

50.jpg

PIC 2 - BAP when I was almost completed in the trunk area

56.jpg

59.jpg

I understand removing the rear seat is necessary to run the power wire. Can just the lower part be removed or do the backs have to as well?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you don't use the Hobbs switch/dial you don't need to run a power wire to the battery!

Most people don't use the hobbs switch for our cars correct? I thought most used the dial though to turn it up or down.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Then where do you get the power for the BAP from? :dw:

Mine is spliced before the inertia switch, it may be different in 99's but no power wire was run on my car to the battery separately, here's how it's wired for 17 volts constant (this isn't my car or install just showing the connections and the 03/04's require different color wires to be spliced)
20 amp Bap
svtcobra374.jpg

The 2 heat shrinked covered Hobbs/dial wires (one real long the other peeking through at bottom) house a red and black, when
86'ing it you connect EACH red and black together separately... Next you see the red wire with inline fuse and a separate red wire and ground..

prochargerinstall00811.jpg

prochargerinstall0071.jpg

Cut the specific color wire at the inertia switch then solder the red power wire with inline fuse holder to the wire coming OFF the switch then connect the other red power wire to the other as shown, connect ground to chassis and DONE! Thanks Derek (Black306 is the man when it comes to fuel system wiring and he's always available to answer questions)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread