BBS RK wheels for the beater...foxbody content

4valvemach

Established Member
Looks good:beer:

I really like white fox body GT's and will be my first color choice when I sell the my mach.

Give me a PM if you got any plans on selling the fox???

Eddie Z

Established Member
Do you still have the quad shocks? And did you have to
Massage the inner fenders and roll the lips?

I removed the quads a while back when I was running 17x10 SC Saleen wheels. When I installed the BBS wheels last month, I didn't bother re-installing the quads because I figured they wouldn't fit anyway. A couple of days after the BBS were installed, I was doing a bit of reading on a thread in the corral forums by Luke_87GT where he had actually gotten the quads to fit by flipping them using the same BBS wheels on his white notchback. So I figured "sweet! I'll order up some new Bilstein quads and get them on." This past weekend I got the new Bilstein quads ready to go on, I flipped them, and the wheel will actually fit flush against the drum, but the very outer lip/edge of the wheel "touches" the body of the quad. :bash:

The only reason why I think Luke got them to work on his notch is because he's using rear disc brakes, and I'm still using the drum brakes. Maybe the disc rotor gives it the extra 2-3mm needed to push the wheel away from the quad? I don't know.

I didn't have to do anything on the inner fenders, BUT I do need to roll the quarter panel lip because sometimes on steep angles the tire rubs on the quarter, but not by much.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!:beer:

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
I removed the quads a while back when I was running 17x10 SC Saleen wheels. When I installed the BBS wheels last month, I didn't bother re-installing the quads because I figured they wouldn't fit anyway. A couple of days after the BBS were installed, I was doing a bit of reading on a thread in the corral forums by Luke_87GT where he had actually gotten the quads to fit by flipping them using the same BBS wheels on his white notchback. So I figured "sweet! I'll order up some new Bilstein quads and get them on." This past weekend I got the new Bilstein quads ready to go on, I flipped them, and the wheel will actually fit flush against the drum, but the very outer lip/edge of the wheel "touches" the body of the quad. :bash:

The only reason why I think Luke got them to work on his notch is because he's using rear disc brakes, and I'm still using the drum brakes. Maybe the disc rotor gives it the extra 2-3mm needed to push the wheel away from the quad? I don't know.

I didn't have to do anything on the inner fenders, BUT I do need to roll the quarter panel lip because sometimes on steep angles the tire rubs on the quarter, but not

by much.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!:beer:
ok thanks. I have a notch with 4 wheel disc's and is lowered with b springs and have 10th anv cobras on it now. So I have a buddy that has a set of bbs rk plasmas. Ill have to see if he will let me try the rears to see if they fit. I know the fronts will fit.

Users who are viewing this thread