Best bang for the buck car under $30k?

xenodragon

Established Member
Hey guys, my lease on my 335i is almost up and was thinking about getting something else. The buyout on the car is just around 30k so that got me thinking could I get something better for that price?

My only requirement is that it must have 4 doors and back seats that kids can fit into, so while I would love a vette or a new stang...not possible.

I would like it to be quicker than my 335 stock for stock, so anything that would do 0-60 under 5 and 1/4 under 13 would be good.

Ideas? Some thoughts I had were:

e55 (struggling to find one with lower miles under 50k)
Jeep SRT8

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I like the 03 RS6 myself, nice ones around 25k. Maintenance is high though, belt every 40k miles at 2k a pop, and the tranny could go costing 4k.

The 2010 s4 are nice too just above 30k.
Tuned new SHO's are in the high 20's trapping 112+.
What are the new cts v's running now?
SRT8 300? I like the 392 better, the 392 charger is still in the mid 30's(this is what I would buy).

The 335i is tough to beat used. You may even find one that is closer to 20k.:idea:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Trailblazer SS
any SRT vehicle 300, GCSRT8, Charger

I think you missed this part....

I would like it to be quicker than my 335 stock for stock, so anything that would do 0-60 under 5 and 1/4 under 13 would be good.

OP that price point is a tough one... honestly your 335i is tough to beat for what you are after.

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
I think you missed this part....

OP that price point is a tough one... honestly your 335i is tough to beat for what you are after.

Thats what I ultimately keep coming back to to be honest, but figured I would see if anyone had some ideas...and I only have 28k miles on it and to be more exact the buyout is $28k...could throw some more mods on it to make it quicker...has the n54 engine as well, which argueable is the better one between the n54 and n55

I am only looking to keep whatever I get for 2 years as I really want the next gen c63 or M3.

My car A.D.D. is so bad!

xenodragon

Established Member
He can get a V1 though and that'll satisfy his requirements. Used SRT8 Charger or 300C would also work.

I probably wouldnt go down to a gen 1 V...the current gen feels very "cheap" to me I test drove one not too long ago...and if it wasnt for the power I would have not even considered it...I can only imagine what a 1st gen would be like. It doesnt look cheap, but too much plastic for me. Its funny I was at the dealer and lifting up the hood on that plastic piece that sits on top of the grille popped off as its right where you would lift up the hood.

the SRT8 is definetly a good option that i will have to explore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread