Best blower cam right now?

ricardoa1

Established Member
I would like to know what is the best blower cam for our cars. Especially if whipple is on your mind
SHM
Crower
Ford Racing
Any others?

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
If you were to ask a cam manufactuar this question,they'd ask you things like,"what do you plan to do with the car?"..Id you plan to race the car alot,or just need that extra edge & dont mind losing driveability/emissions legality/long term reliability & Have access to compentent tuner..If you answer 'yes' to those,you will get a different answer than if you say 'no'..Unfortunatly,there arnt enough people doing cams on 32 valve cars to have a variety of responses..It ain't exacly like installing a cold air kit or changing a pully..
If you do decide to do cams..DO THEM BEFORE YOU PUT THE WHIPPLE ON..

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
ricardoa1 said:
I am thinking a mild cam. Stge 2 for street.
BUt what Co. offers the best improvement.
A simple answer is..The one with the most lift,longest duration,& generally speaking, tightest overlap..
The stage 2's should be fine,though..It's not like a Whipple car will be exactly slow if you dont change cams..They're pretty peppy as is..
The thing is,IMO if a car makes 600 rwhp,it should sound like it.give it some cam!
My personal experience is that Comp Cams R&D is tough to beat..Call their Tech line,they'll set you up.

cmbanks0723

Established Member
stage 2 or 3 cams

I had the same question with using a whipple.. talked to crower and was told to go with the stage 2 since i am going to run 15 psi with a whipple

Users who are viewing this thread