Best vacation bang for the buck?

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
My wife found out she has about 10 days off at the end of October and since she hardly gets many days off we want to take a vacation during her time off. Im looking at resorts in Costa Rica that are pretty good deals but im wondering what your experience has been as best vacations for the money. Im not cheap but im sure theres awesome deals out there that I dont know about. Looking to spend about $1000-$1200/person.

28E9E736-496E-427E-83F1-09A1267AEBBD-9593-0000056E6701FB52.jpg

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
My wife found out she has about 10 days off at the end of October and since she hardly gets many days off we want to take a vacation during her time off. Im looking at resorts in Costa Rica that are pretty good deals but im wondering what your experience has been as best vacations for the money. Im not cheap but im sure theres awesome deals out there that I dont know about. Looking to spend about $1000-$1200/person.

28E9E736-496E-427E-83F1-09A1267AEBBD-9593-0000056E6701FB52.jpg

I say take that money and book a week at The Cloister in Sea Island, GA. Talk about nice and some good food. Check it out.

Fuerza

Established Member
I went to Jamaica with my wife a few weeks ago, it was the best vacation ever! Sandals resort all inclusive, so we eat and drank like crazy! It was a lot more than what you are planning to spend though. 6 nights at the resort too.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Costa Rica without a doubt. My brother has gone there 3-4 times and its extremely cheap. I am planning my honeymoon there couple years down the road. Theres a lot of ex-patriots and Americans all over. Relatively safe as well.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Atlantis resort in Paradise Island Bahamas has a labor day sale on right now.
Up to 65% off + free breakfast and an Atlantis experience pass (dolphin interaction, round of golf, drink tickets and a night club pass)
You must book by September 9th.

We checked out pricing and you could easily go for approximately $1,200 per person depending on the room you select and duration.

Atlantis - Labor Day Sale

1.jpg

Fuerza

Established Member
Sandals is very honeymoon/anniversary orientated. Pick where you want to go and search resorts from there IMO. Take into consideration Airfare, Passports, whether it's an all inclusive resort or not.

BlackOutUT

Established Member
Atlantis resort in Paradise Island Bahamas has a labor day sale on right now.
Up to 65% off + free breakfast and an Atlantis experience pass (dolphin interaction, round of golf, drink tickets and a night club pass)
You must book by September 9th.

We checked out pricing and you could easily go for approximately $1,200 per person depending on the room you select and duration.

Atlantis - Labor Day Sale

1.jpg

+1 been here 3 times, this is one of the best times to snag a deal! Check out "The Cove" area

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My daughter vacations well, and does it first class. Their new favorite vacation spot is Atlantis. My wife and I would love to go sometime. This Labor Day special is of interest. Great deals!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I just saw that on the news and came right back here. A 7.6 is one big earthquake.

Rosa Pichardo, 45, who lives in Samara, was walking on the beach with her family when the quake hit. "When we felt the earthquake, we held onto each other because we kept falling," Pichardo said. "I've never felt anything like this. We just couldn't stay standing. My feet gave out under me. It was terrible, terrible."

No thanks! :eek:

UncleDan

Established Member
Las Vegas! Plenty of "banging" and fun for lots of "bucks" out there.

Seriously though, Costa Rica is tough to beat.

1hot281

Established Member
Cruises are pretty affordable. i think a 4-day cruise to the Bahamas is like $250 a person for a decent sized cabin. Some cruises are like 8-days. Usually the price of food and some of the entertainment, and sometimes alcohol, is included in the ticket cost.

For $1,000 a person, i think you could get like, a huge ocean view suite with a balcony on a 5 or 8 day cruise.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Go on a cruise, reasonably priced, you won't lift a finger, the food is out of this world, many ports of call, many things to see and do.

allister

Established Member
For $2500 and 5 nights including flight, we went to Couples Negril in Jamaica. Excellent food, drinks, beach, everything. There was so much to do. If you're looking to stay in the country, we also love going to Breakers resort in Myrtle Beach. It's so cheap to stay there and the main tower has a lazy river with a bar right beside it. The bar has daily specials (I'm talking ~$2.00 long islands. That's our favorite cheap vacation. We can float in the river all day long. I'd only go there for 3 or 4 nights though. If you're thinking longer than 5 nights anywhere I'd consider a cruise. Hope that helps!

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I don't think cruises can be beat for bang-for-the-buck. I went on a 6 day/5 night Royal Caribbean cruise for $700 to Belize and Cozumel, sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. It's all inclusive and the food is amazing, there is always something going on around the ship, you don't have to worry about drinking and driving, and there are tons of excursions the cruise line offers once you get to the destinations. If you book a hotel, you're going to spend at least $100 per day between the two of you for good food/tips. Plus at a resort, you really can't do much except go to the beach and stay within the immediate vicinity of the place.

Users who are viewing this thread