Best videotaped run of my car that I have. 05 GT SC'd

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I have run a new best of 11.139 a week later but it wasn't caught on video so this will have to do till the spring.
th_P1020403-1.jpg

I don't know why but the MPH was way off in both the 1/8 and 1/4 traps.
All 3 runs were within 0.002 which isn't bad for a stick car.
DSCN0437.jpg

dizzygoat

Established Member
I second the "is that a stock block?" question, i have to know! I have never seen a stock head/cam/block mustang run like that. I live in a fairly upscale city and there were at least 5 SC'ed mustangs at the high school and NONE ran like that! When my gto was just bolt on i would beat most and give the big boys trouble, but damn if thats stock motor that makes me wanna say screw the Lightning and get a damn S197. Nice runs bro!!

GENO i hate you jk, i love the mystichromes, more than.....ill stop there before my woman walks by!

EDIT: i just noticed your 60's, cutting those makes a helluva difference in your et, no wonder you were runnin so fast, and possibly not trapping where you expected.

Last edited:

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments.

Yes the car is still on the stock motor.
The only change to the motor is a Meziere EH2O pump and of course the blower along with an 8rib kit and my custom tensioner.
I must also mention that this is a mailorder tune from JDM.
I brought the car to them in the summer of 07 for a custom tune and after 2 pulls Jim D'Amore said not to bother the A/F was perfect.
It has over 1000 1/4 mile runs on it since I installed the S/C in August 2006 for a total of 1,600 runs and 42,000 miles.
The car has never been on a trailer its whole life.

There are many others running much faster than me with less mods on automatics though.

Here is a link to HotRodHarry running 10.73 2 128. He's running a 3.0" upper to my 3.2" upper.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/time-slip-bar-42/544483-new-best-today-10-73-128-1-58-60ft.html

I'm running a set of 28" E.T Drags on Weld XP's which rub the wheelwells so I can't soften up the rear shocks to get good bite.
Last year my 60' was in the low 1.5 range even though 1 was only on 3.55's when I was on 26" tires with the shocks set to soft.
I'm also running 275/40 18" tires on 9.5" wheels up front and I'm still running a front swaybar.

My goal for next year is to run a 10% O/D crank pulley with 60lb injectors and an upgraded MAF to see where this is going to take me along with a set of Bogarts.

The next step is to build up the spare motor I have into a 298 Stroker with stock heads since stage 3 heads cost $3,000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread