Billetflow TB vs Accufab TB, which is better?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
For your combo OP a ported stocker will work perfectly fine. A ported stocker will put out close to the exact same numbers as either of those throttle bodies. Plus at your power level or with your pulley combo a ported stocker would still put out close to the same numbers. The car will feel faster because at part throttle the sbtb flows more but in all reality it just won't add much peak hp.

mr.magic

Established Member
Last edited:

2k4Terminator

Established Member
For your combo OP a ported stocker will work perfectly fine. A ported stocker will put out close to the exact same numbers as either of those throttle bodies. Plus at your power level or with your pulley combo a ported stocker would still put out close to the same numbers. The car will feel faster because at part throttle the sbtb flows more but in all reality it just won't add much peak hp.

This.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have had both (as well as a Dragon), and liked the Dragon the best, but the other 2 are pretty much the same. The idle issue will happen with all of them, so you have to set them up correctly using the procedures that have been posted on here. I am currently running an Accufab on my Whipple, and it is great now that I ironed out the idle issues.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I saw you looking for a twin screw on some of the forums. In that case, I would go with the accufab. In all honesty, if you are planning on keeping your ported set up, I would stay with the stock ported TB and plenum as posi suggested. I've done both the ported stock and the Dragon with my ported blower. I LOVED the look of the dragon, but I had quite a few idle issues. I recently talked with the owner and even after a year, he is still having them. The gain (which is a couple HP), is not really worth the high idle and sticking that the dragon will bring. It used to drive me nuts!

greengt88

Established Member
i have a nice ported stocker for sale. PM me.
2011-11-02132243.jpg

01trublue cobra

Established Member

I plan on getting a whipple 2.3, if that helps.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I saw you looking for a twin screw on some -of the forums. In that case, I would go with the accufab. In all honesty, if you are planning on keeping your ported set up, I would stay with the stock ported TB and plenum as posi suggested. I've done both the ported stock and the Dragon with my ported blower. I LOVED the look of the dragon, but I had quite a few idle issues. I recently talked with the owner and even after a year, he is still having them. The gain (which is a couple HP), is not really worth the high idle and sticking that the dragon will bring. It used to drive me nuts!

He needs to contact Stefan @ Dragon 1-270-791-8654 to discuss it with him. There's no reason it should be doing that.

I plan on getting a whipple 2.3, if that helps.

Purchase the Accufab throttle body "only" without the plenum when you're ready to buy the 2.3 Whipple. No reason to get it now and have a plenum paper weight afterwards.

Last edited:

gabe1530

Banned
I would go with a ported stocker and upgrade to the accufab or billetflow when moving to the whipple. I got the billetflow for looks. It runs great and drivability is nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread