Bioshock X360/PS3

Mayo5

Established Member
Any of y'all played this game? I just picked it up for the PS3 this weekend, and have been playing it a lot. I'm in Arcadia right now, and have been playing it on hard since the start. This game is fantastic and very original and challenging. I can't count how many times the big daddy's have killed me lol.Seems like a very lengthy game too, for a shooter.

Cool story, great environment, awesome weapons and great AI.

I think it deserves it 9.6/9.7 out of 10 by ign.

85sTaNg

4eyeFreaK
Established Member
Played and beat it on the PC awhile ago. Highly overrated in my opinion. The art work in it is done very well, but that's about all the props I give it. The Half-Life series is waaaaaaaaay better, and that has been out for quite some time now on consoles. I suggest you pick up the Orange Box if you haven't already, one of the best bang-for-your buck games ever made.

Mayo5

Established Member
I frickin love that game, I beat it on normal. I bet it looks awesome on PS3

Yeah, I'm having a tough time on Hard. Getting better though; but damn those splicers are so accurate. And in hard it takes like 1-2 hits and your pretty much dead, if your not dead.

I'm loving all of the back stories and betrayals going on at once.:rockon:

Mayo5

Established Member
Played and beat it on the PC awhile ago. Highly overrated in my opinion. The art work in it is done very well, but that's about all the props I give it. The Half-Life series is waaaaaaaaay better, and that has been out for quite some time now on consoles. I suggest you pick up the Orange Box if you haven't already, one of the best bang-for-your buck games ever made.

I love the Half Life series and they are great games, but I think this is right up there; hopefully they do something epic with the Sequel in the works.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I still have to finish it on 360, I'm in the Botanical Gardens area I believe.

Mayo5

Established Member

I think you are either where I am, or just ahead of me. The gardens is a sweet place, and those Houdini splicer can be a pain if you didn't see them.

DSG04Lightning

U.S. PARATROOPER
Established Member
it's such a awesome game I like it the most beacsue it's worth the money to buy, it's hard enough and it's worth the $60 when you buy it. Not lilesome stupid games looks awesome and then you beat it in 2-3 days after buying it!!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I downloaded the demo on my xbox a while back. I enjoyed it but got a little bored after a while.

Darcsun

Established Member
Won it when it came out on the 360 a couple of times.

Once you figure out you can't really die, you start running around with the wrench and not caring. Sort of sucks. But the story makes up for it.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member

Same here. Funny, I think I'm at the same place too. I rented it when it first came out and thought it was a REALLY good game. But then I never bought it. Now it's come down in price, so I'll most likely pick it up soon. I almost bought it before, but I bought Deadspace instead.

Definately a very cool, creepy game with a great story IMO. And I agree on the big daddies. I've died many a-time on them.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
My favorite game. I just finished it the second time while saving all the little girls (first was harvesting all). I love killing the big daddies and then using Telekenisis and taking them with me to kill all the splicers in one hit. TK was for sure my favorite plasmid. Second was probably lightning while people were in the water.

Grenade Launcher + Electric buck = dead big daddy!

Mayo5

Established Member
My favorite game. I just finished it the second time while saving all the little girls (first was harvesting all). I love killing the big daddies and then using Telekenisis and taking them with me to kill all the splicers in one hit. TK was for sure my favorite plasmid. Second was probably lightning while people were in the water.

Grenade Launcher + Electric buck = dead big daddy!

Awesome idea!

My first time playing through,on hard and I'm at Fort Frolic. I just killed the 3rd Big Daddy and am trying to find the final person.

I've been saving the Little Sisters so far. Fort Frolic has been my favorite level so far.

SilverLSC98

Established Member
by far one of the best, and different games I have ever played. The deeper you go in the game, the deeper the story and the more addicting it gets. The climax near the end of the game is mind boggling and after you finish this game you will more than likely proclaim it as one of the greatest games ever. BioShock and Resident Evil 4 are my two favorite games of all time. It was no wonder this game was rated so highly by nearly every critic, and has made just about every top 10 all time list already.

mustangbee

Established Member
I frickin love that game, I beat it on normal. I bet it looks awesome on PS3

yeah, i waited for the PS3 version for some reason thinking that....

this is from a PLAYSTATION mag btw..

However, PSM3 also admits: "If you're a lucky multi-format owner who favours visuals over some extra puzzle levels, you're probably better off with 360's original.

i guess i was glad to get some extra content tho:shrug: other mags state the same thing that the 360 version looks better, but i thought that was craszy that a playstation mag admitted this

vr4_007

Established Member
I suggest you pick up the Orange Box if you haven't already, one of the best bang-for-your buck games ever made.

What is that game about? I have heard about it, and iit seems like you just shot a worm hole or somthing and beat puzzles?

I'm making my return to Arcadia. The game is getting better and better

Cant wait till you get to the end,.. You down for a spoiler or do you know how it ends?

yeah, i waited for the PS3 version for some reason thinking that....

this is from a PLAYSTATION mag btw..

However, PSM3 also admits: "If you're a lucky multi-format owner who favours visuals over some extra puzzle levels, you're probably better off with 360's original.

Its true, esp if you have a HDTV w/ the HDMI setup.

Users who are viewing this thread