Boost-A-Pump Problem

RichM1983

Established Member
Hey guys I tried to search and find this but couldn't on here or on google. I was working in the trunk yesterday on the carpet of the new Cobra I just picked up and the wire that goes into the boost-a-pump dial pulled out. The box is solid construction and I can't get into it. If I cut a hole in the box and then solder the wire back to the end that goes into the box will that fix it?

Do I even need to? I don't plan on turning the dial. Can I even drive the car until I get this fixed? The car is pretty stock so I don't even know why its there unless it was modded more before then some mods were removed. Its just a stock eaton with a 2.93 pulley, an intake, mafia extender, and catless exhaust.

Can a boost-a-pump be removed without effecting the tune because like I said it doesn't really even need to be there from what I've read?

stal94gt

Established Member
You pulled out the wires to the bap percent dial? You don't need the dial but you do need to jump the wires together for the bap to function. If you remove the bap you may or may not have issues with your fp voltage tables.

RichM1983

Established Member
So I can just cut the end of the wire plug that goes into the dial and then wire them together to function correctly?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
So I can just cut the end of the wire plug that goes into the dial and then wire them together to function correctly?

Yes, but when they are tied together it runs consistently at 50% I believe. That is how mine is wired. Just have to have the tune set up to run with it that way.

RichM1983

Established Member
Mine was set at the 30 on the dial.....Can I just buy another dial and set it at 30 so I don't have to do a several hundred dollar tune for a simple wire breaking???

ORRRR can I just solder the wire back to the fitting in the housing? I think that would be most logical correct????

Thanks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Just crank it all the way to 50%, it won't hurt anything, it's just lowering your fpdc. This also isn't tune related I already asked my tuner about it. Basically think of the BAP like an amplifier for subwoofers.

NOTE: Look at mods in my sig, my fpdc was maxed out just with that! I'm not alone on this either, I've found countless threads where others were maxing out there fpdc. Every car is different.

RichM1983

Established Member
Just crank it all the way to 50%, it won't hurt anything, it's just lowering your fpdc. This also isn't tune related I already asked my tuner about it. Basically think of the BAP like an amplifier for subwoofers.

NOTE: Look at mods in my sig, my fpdc was maxed out just with that! I'm not alone on this either, I've found countless threads where others were maxing out there fpdc. Every car is different.

So to do that I just need to solder the wires together and forget about fixing the control box?

Thanks.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So to do that I just need to solder the wires together and forget about fixing the control box?

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure about that, as I still have mine but cranked all the way up. I do know that most people wire up the hobbs switch so the BAP is working at all times, instead of just kicking in when boost is present.

RichM1983

Established Member
I guess I will just have to call Kenne Bell on Monday to get a 100% answer because I don't want a 200 dollar part killing my motor somehow.....Hows the customer support from them?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Correct!

Thanks.
Yes. You can just solder the two wires together and the BAP will run MAX all the time. If hooked up properly, Pre-FPDM, the computer will control it just fine.

There is really no reason to run less than MAX on a BAP on a returnless system.

RichM1983

Established Member
Correct!

Yes. You can just solder the two wires together and the BAP will run MAX all the time. If hooked up properly, Pre-FPDM, the computer will control it just fine.

There is really no reason to run less than MAX on a BAP on a returnless system.

That's exactly what I'll do. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread