Boost gauge!

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Seems like my Innovate guage is pretty similar looking to the Roush one you have. I wonder who copied off who, lol? The LED back lighting is what sold me also.

On a side note, I wish there was a way to tone down the brightness of the backlighting on the gauge. When you compare the brightness of the back lightning on the gauge compared to the back lighting on the dash, there is a significant difference(Bugs the crap out of me, lol).

I wonder if there is a way to reduce the voltage to maybe 9-10volts to match it to the factory dash brightness???

Anybody knowledgeable with volts/amps/watts to acheive this??

-Nick

I wired it in back in dec. if I recall, there was only the 12v power, and 12v switched parking light source. I wonder if the 12v switched source provides the illumination light power or if it's just a circuit reference. If it supply's illumination power, you could add a resistor pack or a resistor potentiometer to it (a knob that acts the same way the dash dimmer does).

Yeah mine is a bit bright too. Gotten use to it though.

It could very well be a rebadged innovate! Roush refused to tell me who makes it. Caused me to pass over it at first but came back to it after I couldn't find another LED vac/boost 20psi gauge in that price range. It's a quality piece though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Its just a circuit reference. The backlighting will come on even if the 12v power source wire is not hooked up, kinda weird. In the install directions, it does say that for tinted gauges, splice lighting wire into power wire... Weird but it works.

If I figure out how to dim the gauge I will PM you. I dont want to highjack this thread too much, lol.

-Nick

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
What mech gauge is recommended ?

Now-a-days, all the makers are very good. Really all about what design u like best. Avoid the suspiciously cheap ones and ur good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GO_N_H.A.M

Established Member
i used to run autometer analog gauges when i first bought my first, forced induction, volkswagen.

i hated the little light and well just the quality, since then i've ran the AEM electronic wideband, A/F gauge and the electronic boost gauge/controller. obviously i wont be using the electronic controller just the guage.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
can somebody help me with where to find a wire to splice into for the light on thr gauge, 2011 GT500?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
can somebody help me with where to find a wire to splice into for the light on thr gauge, 2011 GT500?

I found a source under the area around the wheel. Just gotta poke around with a test light to find a switched source

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Be cautious of the vent pod though. I live in a decently cold place year round right now and run the heat all the time. I warped the anti-glare cover on my wideband before I realized it using a vent pod.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
the old cars you could just wire the light wire off the back of thte headlight switch, but the new cars are different...

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I have the new Roush LED boost gauge & vent pod:
Where is everyone tapping the vac/boost tube to? Can't seem to locate a spot since no-one posts their installs or there isn't a "sticky" created yet....

Last edited:

08blkshelby

Established Member
Aeroforce guage and 3.5bar map sensor. Accurate for boost and you can monitor other functions like A/F with your factory wideband on the 11+ cars.

Aeroforce.gif

Aeroforce CNF Series Interceptor Single Gauge - Revan Racing, Inc.

How accurate is the boost on this gauge since it is not mechanical?

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
I have the new Roush LED boost gauge & vent pod:
Where is everyone tapping the vac/boost tube to? Can't seem to locate a spot since no-one posts their installs or there isn't a "sticky" created yet....

a6935813-c254-0d7a.jpg

a6935813-c26f-fef0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread