Borderlands 2

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Who has got it? How is it? I will be picking it up at lunch today.

I really enjoyed the first one.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
pre-ordered it last night like 2 hours before launch... started the install right before i left for work today... can't wait to play after work

Who else will be playing on PC / Steam...

my ID =TheSvtTerminator2003

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Picked it up during lunch about 30 minutes ago. Can't wait until after work so I can get started on my Commando.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Played the hell out of the first one, but will wait till this one goes on sale. Game prices are just too ridiculous to justify buying at launch anymore.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
So i scooped it off steam, and so far iv played for about 3.5 hours total and i have got to say that i loved it. I played Borderlands 1 for the first time about 3 months ago, and after i got to level 13 (~10 hours game play?) i completely lost interest. Even from the beginning the game seemed clunky and a little confusing and i wasn't a huge fan. But this one i have been fully involved and loving every min of it so far. I decided to play a melee assassin and its a lot of fun. I played a siren in the last game.

pretty sure my steam id is Slightly Motivated

Spyderbell

No Time for Gas
Established Member
My brother in law, brother, and I all got it for PS3 today and played for around 4 hours... them longer cause my job sucks.

I'd say it's a lot like the first one so far and that's not a bad thing. I'm enjoying the hell out of it even had to go buy another bluetooth thing cause mines a half hour away.

After this weekend I'll have a real grasp as to if it's better/worse/same/panda than the first

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
I really enjoyed part 1 but this game is on another level. Graphics are better, there is more adrenaline filled fights, enemies are more diverse, guns are also more diverse, theres actually a story line, the skills feel more meaningful, the environment can be very nice to look at... Overall A++.

The Piper

Direction To Perfection
Established Member
Picked it up yesterday for the Xbox360.

BL1 was one of my favorite non-BF/COD game for me to date. BL2 takes it to the next level. It has the same basics as BL1 but on steroids. If you love BL1, than BL2 is a must buy. So far I am level 10, and have zero complaints.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I had some time to play last night. I really enjoy it. I just hit level 10 holding to get some play in tonight.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
if i didnt play the first, will i be lost in the second?

not really, there is a brief prologue that sets up the story and the characters are all brand new so its not like a continued story line of the first characters.

best way to describe the game is.... its shooter somewhat like COD...with a looting system of something like Diablo.... in a setting like Mad Max.

such a fun game! I'm gunna roll with Zero since I love Sniper Rifles

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
if i didnt play the first, will i be lost in the second?

Not at all. The storyline was complete crap in the last one, and the game gave little in the way of instructions/direction. The second one sets up a new story, different characters, and lets first timers figure out exactly how to play. If you have played any MMO (or rpg for that matter) its exactly the same except an FPS.

bam

Established Member
I'm enjoying it.. I'd agree that there's nothing shockingly new yet, besides some badass new gun types and modifications. Great so far, just like the first one, and it's even better playing with a friend using a different class.

Users who are viewing this thread