borla s type plus x pipe

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Car sounds absolutely AMAZING! I'm about to trade off my C6Z and jump into a BOSS, so I'm trying to figure out what exhaust combo I want to go. On your 1st video, are the cats stock or high flow? As much as I'd LOVE to go catless, I'm tired of the yearly inspections battle. These coyotes are so different, that I'm not even sure of all of the possible exhausts or exhaust combos out there for 'em or what they sound like. SUCKS being ignorant! :)

Thanks man! Trade ya my car for your C6Z lol.

In the first vid the stock cats are on the car. Second and third vids I installed heartthrob cat delete pipes and stored the stock cats in storage in case I needed to reinstall them. Car sounded great and was a good volume level with the stock cats. I just wanted the power increase from removing them so I snatched up the cat delete pipes and the car/exhaust woke up!

turd burglar

Established Member
I'd say keep the c6z! If I coulda afforded my buddy's when he sold it I would have in a heart beat, those cars are animals!

whiplash306

Established Member
Thanks man! Trade ya my car for your C6Z lol.
BEAUTIFUL car no doubt, but I'm really after a BOSS :-(

In the first vid the stock cats are on the car. Second and third vids I installed heartthrob cat delete pipes and stored the stock cats in storage in case I needed to reinstall them. Car sounded great and was a good volume level with the stock cats. I just wanted the power increase from removing them so I snatched up the cat delete pipes and the car/exhaust woke up!
So this heartthrob delete pipe can be installed and uninstalled at will, huh? If it's just a slip of a pipe, that might be worth the yearly effort of removal and replacement.... Interesting! Any other suggestions for valid exhaust axle or catbacks you might suggest?
I'd say keep the c6z! If I coulda afforded my buddy's when he sold it I would have in a heart beat, those cars are animals!
No doubt the C6Z is an absolute ANIMAL! Mine also is in PRISTINE MINT condition and has only 6,200 miles on it and it's an '08...! That said though, and maybe this'll make sense, but I'm a Mustang guy at heart. Ever since the rumors of the re-introduction of the 5.0 to the market, I had a gut feeling that the next "special edition" Mustang would be the BOSS 302. Sure enough, that came to fruition. The BOSS has been a dream of mine since as long as I can remember and I really feel the '13 BOSS with its "L" stripe is a fitting tribute to the '70 BOSS 302. I'm not ignorant enough to think this BOSS will replace the performance of the Z, but it'll be much easier to get in and out of, I can drive without fear of scraping the front bumper off with every pebble in the road, mods are MUCHHHHH cheaper and, it's a Mustang :) All that said, it's also got mostly forged internals and as you guys are already very familiar with, responds VERY well to forced induction....!!! :)

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
BEAUTIFUL car no doubt, but I'm really after a BOSS :-(

So this heartthrob delete pipe can be installed and uninstalled at will, huh? If it's just a slip of a pipe, that might be worth the yearly effort of removal and replacement.... Interesting! Any other suggestions for valid exhaust axle or catbacks you might suggest?

After doing it once it's probably a 45min to 1 hr swap just because one of the nuts is difficult to get to. It bolts directly in place of the stock cats.

As for other cat backs/axle backs I like the bassani and corsa systems. If I ever switched my axle back it would be for one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread