BOSS 302 @ Inde Motorsports Ranch

AZBOSS

Established Member
Here are a couple videos from my weekend at Inde Motorsports Ranch in Willcox, AZ. We ran the track on a different configuration each day. The track is at 4100' elevation, and temperatures were 95-98* during the afternoon :(

This was my first event with the Roush Trak Pak suspension installed and it worked very well.

For the first time on-track here in AZ, the temp gauge was getting near the "H" mark and I had to short-shift during a few sessions to keep out of limp mode. This is with the 302S Grille, Hood, and Water Wetter. The car was fine as long as the ambient temps were below 90*F. I guess I'll need to get the FRPP oil cooler sooner than planned! Also my diff was puking a little bit but nothing major.
On the plus side, it looks like I will be able to get another event out of these Hoosiers!

Saturday Video:
[youtube_browser]WoMZkIAKzt4?hd=1[/youtube_browser]

Sunday Video (shot on a newer Flip cam that apparently has some built-in image stabilization). This was on a faster track configuration than the previous video (see track map traces). The downhill kink after the main straight takes some cojones!
[youtube_browser]3FuglL2IgOo?hd=1[/youtube_browser]

I have another video going nose-to-tail for a few laps with a bunch of vintage Porsches, might get around to editing that one tomorrow.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Final video from the other weekend; these laps were about 3-4 seconds slower than my fastest for the weekend:

[youtube_browser]BUYCHvqQ36c&hd=1[/youtube_browser]

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
This is with the 302S Grille, Hood, and Water Wetter.

Great videos...looks like a lot of fun!

A little off topic, but do you have any pics with the hood and grille?

Also what are you using to get the in-video data?

AZBOSS

Established Member
Great videos...looks like a lot of fun!

A little off topic, but do you have any pics with the hood and grille?

Also what are you using to get the in-video data?

Yeah here are a couple pics before the suspension mods:

Bh6nD.jpg

Wh4Ev.jpg

Video is from a Cisco flip cam mounted w/ a panavise 809 and levelgrip spacer to the windshield.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Video is from a Cisco flip cam mounted w/ a panavise 809 and levelgrip spacer to the windshield.

Car looks great! I was wondering if anyone went with the S hood...

As for the video, I was wondering about the added data (speed, track layout, timers, etc) is that a v-box or something similar? I have a few GoPros that I would like to add something like this too....if possible.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Car looks great! I was wondering if anyone went with the S hood...

As for the video, I was wondering about the added data (speed, track layout, timers, etc) is that a v-box or something similar? I have a few GoPros that I would like to add something like this too....if possible.

The overlay stuff is from an app called TrackMaster for Android (similarly you can get one called Harry's Lap Timer if you have an iPhone). I use a 10hz external GPS beacon that I put in the cupholder. The app spits out a spreadsheet that can be opened by a program called RaceChrono2AVI that creates the "dash", then I overlay and sync manually in Sony Vegas.

If you have a Traqmate setup or something it will do all this with a lot less hassle, but it's also much more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread