Boss 302 or 2015 Mustang GT??

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Hey guys Its time for me to get a new car.. My Evo X's lease is almost up and I am thinking of either buying a 12 or 13 Boss 302 or the 2015 Mustang GT with Performance Pack. I test drove the 15 GT yesterday and it was a blast to drive, it was not with the performance pack but that's what i would get it with. I still have to test drive a Boss 302 but based on anyone's experience here what would you say? Has anyone traded the Boss 302 for a 15 GT? Can anyone compare the two??

I love everything about the Boss 302 always wanted it since the day it came out.

Thank in advance!!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd go with a 13 Boss, but it wouldn't be my primary.

As a daily driver, I'd probably get the 15.

dmichaels

Established Member
Tough call - I think either would perform extremely well, depends what you want out of the car, what kind of deal you can find on either one.

I don't have a Boss, but I have "as close to a Boss" as I could afford (2014 GT track pack with a few upgrades). I've loved it. It's been pretty much flawless and I push it hard. Personally, I like the looks of the 2011-2014 best, and Ford did a great job with the solid rear axle, so I don't see much benefit in going IRS with the mustang just yet.

Lastly, I like to stay away from first model year cars... something to consider, although probably not an issue given the high standards in today's world

gstboy69

Established Member
Buy 2015, first, that the engine and improved it and again, like a hellion kit to 11lbs you can draw about 700. Forget the Boss. New car is new car, also if you you bought a boss, when you look GT 2015 on the side you looked with hatred and jealousy. Besides the interiors of 2015 are much better.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The Laguna seca was the baseline for the 2015 GT with track pack, and you have to consider the 15 has the IRS.

If your looking for exclusivity, I would get the boss. If your looking for a nice DD, get the 15.

gixxer1

Established Member
I drove the 15 and it was a nice car with lots of bells/whistles but definitely not worthy to take place of my Boss. By the way the Boss engine is completely different from the gt's. If you can, wait for the gt350. That would be my suggestion.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I've had both the boss was a strong top end car made 400/350 stock and with the side pipes open was a monster but

Comp o 15 caught my heart sonce it was my favorite color and was brand new

Not to mention the previous owner of the Boss didn't want to fork over the owners kit and cover bc he was a tool

As far as driving comparison the boss had monster top end and pulled all the way to 7400 but felt so sluggish bc if the torque the 15 just feels faster stock for stock

Interior wise I like the 15 more mainly bc of sync and track apps the shifter feels more firm and the clutch smoother.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
Apples and oranges. It's like comparing a Porsche 911 Carrera to a Porsche 911 GT3. One is a nice fast car, the other is a race car with a license plate, just barely legal for street driving. For a daily driver you don't want a race car...or maybe you do :coolman:

Para81

Established Member
Buy 2015, first, that the engine and improved it and again, like a hellion kit to 11lbs you can draw about 700. Forget the Boss. New car is new car, also if you you bought a boss, when you look GT 2015 on the side you looked with hatred and jealousy. Besides the interiors of 2015 are much better.

Didn't have that effect on me, as I drove by I looked at that 2015 thinking what a waste. I have 2 requirements in my collection revolving - they are Porsche 911 and high performance Ford Mustangs. The S550 didn't make the cut. Boss will stay in my garage as it's a much better more exclusive vehicle. I will reconsider future Ford's when they fix the S550 or re-design it entirely. Until then Jaguar F-Type and 2014 Porsche Boxster's have more of my attention. (991 failed too).

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
Didn't have that effect on me, as I drove by I looked at that 2015 thinking what a waste. I have 2 requirements in my collection revolving - they are Porsche 911 and high performance Ford Mustangs. The S550 didn't make the cut. Boss will stay in my garage as it's a much better more exclusive vehicle. I will reconsider future Ford's when they fix the S550 or re-design it entirely. Until then Jaguar F-Type and 2014 Porsche Boxster's have more of my attention. (991 failed too).

I wish they made a 14 Boss. With my D plan, it would be in my garage.

A Jaguar F Type looks great with good power. I wonder how the reliability is these days.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I wish they made a 14 Boss. With my D plan, it would be in my garage.

A Jaguar F Type looks great with good power. I wonder how the reliability is these days.

And this is why i am keeping mine. EVVRABODY has GT's around Lafayette, not many Boss's let alone built SBY Boss's.

KarbisSVT

Established Member
Apples and oranges. It's like comparing a Porsche 911 Carrera to a Porsche 911 GT3. One is a nice fast car, the other is a race car with a license plate, just barely legal for street driving. For a daily driver you don't want a race car...or maybe you do :coolman:

I'd love a race car as a daily driver! :D

hahaa I am leaning towards a Boss. Found a white 12 B302 at Ford Galpin in LA I'm thinking of going there for a test drive. Hope they can give a good deal. I am really comparing the handling and feel of both cars. The 15' GT was comfortable to drive and handling is pretty good. But I have a feeling the Boss will be stiffer which is what i like. Hoping the IRS does not make such a big difference compared to a Boss.

Last edited:

Para81

Established Member
I'd love a race car as a daily driver! :D

hahaa I am leaning towards a Boss. Found a white 12 B302 at Ford Galpin in LA I'm thinking of going there for a test drive. Hope they can give a good deal. I am really comparing the handling and feel of both cars. The 15' GT was comfortable to drive and handling is pretty good. But I have a feeling the Boss will be stiffer which is what i like. Hoping the IRS does not make such a big difference compared to a Boss.

Definitely interested to hear your thoughts! Whatever you do don't pay over 39k for any Ford that doesn't say Boss or Shelby!

Users who are viewing this thread