BOSS with Hellion Twin turbo and BBR Jackal Return system dyno tuned

keoni1984

Established Member
Can you post up a graph that's SAE with rpm rather than mph?? I'd like to see how this kit performs throughout the rpm range with the SAE corrected numbers..

Last edited:

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Steve I see that the cr is at 11:1. If one was to build their motor should that come down to maybe 10:1/ 9.5:1 or leave it at 11:1? I would like to run 93 85% of the time (and be over 700) and race fuel for the other 15% at the track. I would ask about meth but ill save that for later down the road.

Napoleon85

Established Member
I can appreciate the build, but I hate to see a Boss hacked up like this. There are easier and cheaper ways to get a built motor than by ruining an icon like this. For the life of me, I just don't see the sense in "debadging" a boss.

BUCKET

Established Member
No cutting required on a 13 for either turbo system nor fuel system.
How many people you think bought a 69/70 boss and left them stock

Find it interesting that stickers are what make it an icon.

It's easy to buy a boss and leave the "stickers" on.... Takes some b@lls to pull them off.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Very nice. What would that be SAE corrected?

With being down here in Florida, our air quality really sucks. SAE and STD will show a 3-5hp difference only.

A local Boss is getting a very similar setup , and I can't wait to see the results. 800 rwhp on 12 psi is certainly nothing to laugh it, and with a built motor this kit is easily capable for 4 digit horsepower.

Though the motor is good, I wouldn't risk 4 digits on a stock motor. It's forged but not that good.

Can you post up a graph that's SAE with rpm rather than mph?? I'd like to see how this kit performs throughout the rpm range with the SAE corrected numbers..

Read above about SAE and the graph looks the same.

Steve I see that the cr is at 11:1. If one was to build their motor should that come down to maybe 10:1/ 9.5:1 or leave it at 11:1? I would like to run 93 85% of the time (and be over 700) and race fuel for the other 15% at the track. I would ask about meth but ill save that for later down the road.

With a turbo car. We have seen the same results at 9 ,10, and 11. We have one now with a 9:0:1 built motor, trans, on this twin turbo running pump and race. Works great

Napoleon85

Established Member
No cutting required on a 13 for either turbo system nor fuel system.
How many people you think bought a 69/70 boss and left them stock

Find it interesting that stickers are what make it an icon.

It's easy to buy a boss and leave the "stickers" on.... Takes some b@lls to pull them off.

I just don't see the point... Why not just buy a base gt and drop a built motor in it. I can't understand why anyone would want to debadge a rare car like the boss, or how that requires "balls."

BUCKET

Established Member
I just don't see the point... Why not just buy a base gt and drop a built motor in it. I can't understand why anyone would want to debadge a rare car like the boss, or how that requires "balls."

Because then you have a gt with a built motor and turbos

Only a handful of boss's that are TT. Even fewer that are Debadged making it even more rare....

You can go to ford and get the boss stickers and have a rare car too if that's the case.

What makes it a boss is the heritage and what fords point was for the car, the track and power, Not stickers. The vin is coded as a numbered car.

But this convo can go in circles.

alex12gt

Established Member

These cars are not idols like they use to be a reg boss will not be worth any more then what you paid for it same with the gt500 so i say mod them up makem nasty and enjoy them......

And great job on the write up steve!

Deespeed99

Established Member
I understand that some tuners like using speed for real world tuning but why not post a RPM graph so people can see the power curves in relation to RPM?

Users who are viewing this thread