Bought a Dark Horse with the Ford Performance Whipple Kit

ArabianOak

Established Member
IF, and it's a big IF, the DH shares the Predator shortblock, then yes... it would have forged mahle pistons.
I have been trying to find out since they upgraded so many other internal parts...not that it matters, this car is getting whippled either way...lol

but you would think this would be a bragging point for ford to tell customers as well...why is that info so hard to get?

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Curious... What gives the predator more displacement over the coyote? Longer stroke or larger bore? Or both? What we do know is the DH definitely doesn't have a predator shortblock.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious... What gives the predator more displacement over the coyote? Longer stroke or larger bore? Or both? What we do know is the DH definitely doesn't have a predator shortblock.
Crank.
I’d have to look deeper on the DH again but I think it gets the Predator rods and the standard Coyote pistons/crank. The rods are the weak link so I’d think 1000hp crank is doable for a stock DH longblock.
-J

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
For the DH they are still using a "mani-cat" on the driver side and the shit GT manifold on the passenger side. They could have used the higher quality GT500 manifolds but they went budget here and I agree there was likely minimum power gain potential anyway (but still).

Screenshot (181).png

They returned to a steel oil pan. Yes, connecting rods from the GT500. Camshafts were revised, some say for strength and others have mentioned increased exhaust duration (over the GT Coyote engine) and they allegedly tweaked the crankshaft alloy mix.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
For the DH they are still using a "mani-cat" on the driver side and the shit GT manifold on the passenger side. They could have used the higher quality GT500 manifolds but they went budget here and I agree there was likely minimum power gain potential anyway (but still).

View attachment 1838683

They returned to a steel oil pan. Yes, connecting rods from the GT500. Camshafts were revised, some say for strength and others have mentioned increased exhaust duration (over the GT Coyote engine) and they allegedly tweaked the crankshaft alloy mix.

good lord, I think I'd lose my shit if a cat going out meant having to replace the manifold. Hopefully they hold up better than the junk on the f150s

TORQUERULES

Established Member

View attachment 1838683

That makes me ill to look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread