Bought another house -- Garage build

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great thread bump you ****ers.

I actually have some relevant content ill post here soon. Poured 30+ yards of concrete this past weekend.

So here we go... Long story short -- we are a basketball family. I coached all my kids through rec ball, 16 y/o son plays for the high school, younger son plays, daughters play... etc etc.

Decided we wanted a regulation 1/2 court -- 50x45 or so. Ordered a MegaSlam 72' hoop and ended up pouring a 55x47' slab. Came out bitchin.

Hoop system: MegaSlam 72" Basketball Goal | 72" In-Ground Basketball Hoop

Couple pics of the concrete work:

IMG_6770.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6775.JPG

IMG_6776.JPG

IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

IMG_6791.JPG

kaz109

Established Member
I’d give ya weak ass buckets ! With that said love that you are able to do this for the kids . Looks great

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna paint it? How is that even legal in California?

Yeah man, gonna be pretty sweet. We'll stripe it first, paint the key that same blue as the house trim, then design some sort of logo and have that professionally done.

I’d give ya weak ass buckets ! With that said love that you are able to do this for the kids . Looks great

Ah ha! Come get some!

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
that is awesome!! Some of my best memories come from our tiny concrete slab and crappy goal, and my dad trying his damnedest to hang with us (and then hafta go to work the next day, usually limping)

I ended up with a great mid range game because any further out and you were in the dirt lol.

If my knees worked I’d still play in as many men’s leagues as i could around here

enjoy!!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
that is awesome!! Some of my best memories come from our tiny concrete slab and crappy goal, and my dad trying his damnedest to hang with us (and then hafta go to work the next day, usually limping)

I ended up with a great mid range game because any further out and you were in the dirt lol.

If my knees worked I’d still play in as many men’s leagues as i could around here

enjoy!!

Ah man, yes similar experience growing up on my end. Single wide driveway with 10 of us kids playing 5 on 5 hahaha.

Congratulations Gimmie11s

Thanks mang! Where the hell have you been!?!??!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
That’s pretty muck sick.

Back in Brockton we had my friend’s grandfather who was an iron worker make some custom brackets and made a backboard to attach to it then it all fastened to a telephone pole and that’s what we played on.
Every couple of minutes someone would almost get hit by a passing car but it was still a big part of my childhood and I enjoyed it very much.

I developed a pretty good outside shot but overall I was not a good basketball player. In fact I stunk. I fouled too much couldn’t jump at all and was too dam slow.

White man syndrome. ;)

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s pretty muck sick.

Back in Brockton we had my friend’s grandfather who was an iron worker make some custom brackets and made a backboard to attach to it then it all fastened to a telephone pole and that’s what we played on.
Every couple of minutes someone would almost get hit by a passing car but it was still a big part of my childhood and I enjoyed it very much.

I developed a pretty good outside shot but overall I was not a good basketball player. In fact I stunk. I fouled too much couldn’t jump at all and was too dam slow.

White man syndrome. ;)

At 6'4" along with that tendency to foul, im sure everyone wanted you on their team :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ah man, yes similar experience growing up on my end. Single wide driveway with 10 of us kids playing 5 on 5 hahaha.

Thanks mang! Where the hell have you been!?!??!
Life's been busy man. Finally getting some time back to get to the site and car again. Nice to be back.

Users who are viewing this thread