BP oil spill solution....

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Interesting. If they can get that to work in the Gulf...that dude deserves a Nobel Prize. So, now we order BP to use the idea and let the locals charge them $$$$$ per bail of hay.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
anything is better then the absolutely nothing they are doing now. this whole situation is suspicious because no one is really doing anything at a pace to even remotely keep up with how much oil is contaminating the water. 2012 here we come

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I got orders to AL where they are setting up a Incident Command Team and i'm going to be directly related to this oil spill :(.. Shit is horrible..

Figures a guy with overalls would have a hand in this solution. He's probably the real brains behind this. The other guy is just the smooth talker. The Billy Mays so to speak.

sam92lx

SVTP Rump Ranger
Established Member
Figures a guy with overalls would have a hand in this solution. He's probably the real brains behind this. The other guy is just the smooth talker. The Billy Mays so to speak.

whats this suppose to mean?? lol

semperfimrn1

Established Member
i dont see why they dont try it

like mentioned above its better then what they are doing which is pretty much nothing..

its sad and its way worth a try

bmoseley

who farted?
Established Member
ya they better do something man i watch this shat everyday to just see if there is any change or anything being done

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Just curious, how many Coasties are they sending TAD to this command?

Not to sure I'm here at CAMSPAC and they already sent 2 one of my best friends actually. I just got orders to Sector there, but I'm not to sure if I'll go TAD as soon as I"m there to the Incident Command. I believe they are sending quite a few people though..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol, umm, it would take about as much hay as what covers the surface of the entire USA to soak up just whats floating on the surface right now in the Gulf, and that doesnt account for whats still coming up.

neat idea, but logistically speaking, not feasible. youd have to truck in every hay bale from every farm in every single square foot of the country, disperse it, and then recollect it.

It would make sense however to use it as a "Barrier" about 1mi or so out in the ocean to prevent the oil slick from reaching the beach. But still, the logistics of that are astounding in itself, just to get enough boats to disperse enough of it to make anything close to shield the coast are incredible.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Did I hear that the Russian's recommended solution was a...small nuke?? Seems like hay is a better, albeit less violent, solution.

I like the hay barrier concept...which would be a big help keeping it off shore until it could vacuumed up...at least in the most critical areas.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
this is a great idea, + it will help stimulate the economy considering they will have to buy millions of bails of straw and hay, then they can pay the fishermen who are out of work from the spill to go spread it that way they can keep feeding there families.

Users who are viewing this thread