Bruce's Secret Weapon

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks guys! :-D I'm getting pretty stoked to finally drive it! Maybe tonight or tomorrow it will get a tour of the industrial park!? ;-)

Wheels are 18x10.5" CCW Classics.

Doc, it's Mustang, not a giant killer! :poke:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The car is done and I got an opportunity to drive it tonight in the industrial park. :dw: I didn't kill the motor on the initial launch (which amazed me) but I did kill it when I hit the brake and gas at the same time exiting the parking lot! :bash: I sort of panicked. :fart: The clutch wasn't as bad as Marv said it was going to be but I wasn't having to spin a huge assed dyno drum like he did. Toner said it wasn't going to be too bad, I'd get used to it and I agree.

Yeah it's a beast all right! It will No Doubt take me all day Friday to get used to driving it.

The brakes are pretty stiff.

How could I have forgotten the most important vinyl graphic of the bunch!

Thanks again Marv! You da MAN!!!! :beer:

SDW Racing

Established Member
Ewwwwww!!!! I can smell Bruce's shorts from NJ!

WHATTA PIECE O' CRAP!!!!!

This vehicle has received the Official Club Cranky Seal of Approval!

seal.gif

Great Job Cheesehead! Now go have some fun!

JM

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
The Maiden Voyage went very well thanks mainly to the hard work of many people.

Obviously a lot of the credit for this car belongs to Mark, Brian and the crew that originally built the car. Those guys did an amazing job on this project. It's because of them things went as well as they did on the initial shakedown.

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Marv at C and M Performance for his hard work and creativity for making the heart transplant a success. Marv is the man when it comes to the 'Big Jobs' I'd never have the patience to do.

I'd also like to thank Mark for taking the day off on Friday and coming out to the track for the shakedown. Mark took tire temps for me all day and they came out mighty impressive. Not that I was surprised, because they had the car set-up quite well before it went into temporary dormancy. Mark was also helpful providing information about the car.

Thanks to Dean for coming to hang out and shooting pics to post up.

Also a huge thank you to Tom (Blackbolt9) for coming out on Friday night and staying the duration of the event helping with the car! That was awesome!

Gingerman was a good track to shake the car down because it's a safe track with lots of run-off and almost nothing to hit. But there is practically NO grip in the flat and off-camber turns.

The first few laps I almost came in to figure out a way to put power brakes on the car. But once I got used to it and the pads heated up a bit it became tolerable. Manual brakes are something I'm going to have to get used to. I think my 14" Brembo brakes will be going on the front of this car in short order.

The car is obviously a handful to drive and it's going to take me more than a weekend to drive it proficiently. After three days I became comfortable in the car but I just didn't feel proficient. Hopefully with more seat time proficiency will come.

Three things I can tell you about the car. It's light, fast and needs aero work. I felt the lack of aero even at Gingerman.

It's a fun toy, but obviously will be some time before it can do the "Full Tilt Boogie"!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Pur Juic

track ho
Established Member
Bruce, I am glad that everything worked out well for you on your maiden voyage.:beer::banana:

The first few laps I almost came in to figure out a way to put power brakes on the car. But once I got used to it and the pads heated up a bit it became tolerable. Manual brakes are something I'm going to have to get used to.

I was thinking the same thing the first time out this year with my change over to a manual brake system but once there is heat in the pads, the brakes work better than ever with great pedal feel and feedback.:thumbsup:

Marv is the man

+++1
He is the only one that I would trust to do the things that I don't on my car.:rockon::beer::bowdown:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
personally, i think "full tilt boogie" will come much sooner with a zo6 in the horizon :thumbsup:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
The Maiden Voyage went very well thanks mainly to the hard work of many people.

Congrats Bruce on a successful first maiden test session. A newly built car rarely experiences a good first session. Your preparation was excellent.

You didn't hit anything, and you drove in into a trailer. That is good!

Bad: ;-)
GJMd.gif

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
what type of power ratings are you getting from full tilt boogie? is it strong enough to go head to head with a 600rwhp z06? or will you still need to outdrive those old golden chain ridden hobnobbers?

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
Nice pics Dean! Thanks

Car looks great, and if anyone can get the Full tilt Boogie, Its Bruce!

I cant wait to see the car in person

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
how do manual brakes feel compared to ABS or just regular brakes?

Pros and cons?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
what type of power ratings are you getting from full tilt boogie? is it strong enough to go head to head with a 600rwhp z06? or will you still need to outdrive those old golden chain ridden hobnobbers?

Power is down quite a bit from what we were expecting mainly from the restrictive exhaust that is going to eventually get redone. I just need a window to make that happen.

how do manual brakes feel compared to ABS or just regular brakes?

Pros and cons?

Manual brakes are a night and day difference from power brakes. Everyone I've talked to has said it is quite an adjustment to go from power to manual.

I don't miss the ABS yet but once I get a little more proficient in the car, it's going to be an adjustment I'm sure.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Wow, you got that one right:D

I got a chance to see the blue beast in action on Saturday. The maiden voyage went pretty well but he had a little trouble keeping the rear under him. :uh oh:

I get a good guess right every now and again :lol:

Also a huge thank you to Tom (Blackbolt9) for coming out on Friday night and staying the duration of the event helping with the car! That was awesome!

No problem buddy:beer: It was a nice relaxing weekend compared to what I am used to at the track. Changing tires and an MSD box is a cake walk compared to engines and transmissions! Have fun getting used to the new hot rod:thumbsup:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
A great day at the track is almost as exciting as a great day working on the next generation Mustang (ok...well, not really.... but I still had a nice relaxing day).

I am predicting that Bruce will be very quick in this car once he get's used to it.

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
A great day at the track is almost as exciting as a great day working on the next generation Mustang (ok...well, not really.... but I still had a nice relaxing day).

I am predicting that Bruce will be very quick in this car once he get's used to it.

I Like the idea of a chase Z06 or two. I just dont believe Bruce can resist the temptation to :kaboom: thier lights out

Users who are viewing this thread