Bug Out Gear

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
I am putting together 2 packs to keep in our vehicles. Aside from firearms and main weapons, what survival gear and tools do you have in your bag?

Did you make your own or buy a pre made bag? There are lots of cool pre made bags out there. Something I can grab with one hand and throw in the truck and jeep.

I am not a prepper. However, I do like the peace of mind of being somewhat ready and being able to protect, defend, build, and survive.

Crazy world we are living in.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I am putting together 2 packs to keep in our vehicles. Aside from firearms and main weapons, what survival gear and tools do you have in your bag?

Did you make your own or buy a pre made bag? There are lots of cool pre made bags out there. Something I can grab with one hand and throw in the truck and jeep.

I am not a prepper. However, I do like the peace of mind of being somewhat ready and being able to protect, defend, build, and survive.

Crazy world we are living in.

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Once you get all your bug out gear in a vehicle(s), where are you gonna go?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
1715033483104.jpeg

MG0h3

Established Member
Tied for #1 is guns/ammo and water.

Fuel

Light; headlamps are great.

Buy some MREs or mountain house or whatever.

All very circumstantial but as mentioned, where do you go? I suppose if mass chaos broke out, you’d be safer heading out into the boonies til things chill out.

I think just as critical as having items, is having a plan.

I know I’d get called to work, so I don’t think about it a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
It’s good to have a straw type water purifier. Those are compact and cheap. A paperback army survival manual is nice to have. Compact burner and a small propane cylinder is nice to have. Basic hand tool kit and a compact socket set. Tire plug kit. Folding shovel. Portable cell charger w/ integrated solar cell. Walkie talkies. Power inverter so you can run some electrical stuff off your truck if needed. An updated road atlas/map. Handheld garmin style gps. Cellular may not be functional. A decent, non shitty first aid kit with a medical book and basic meds. Body armor if you have some.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
It’s good to have a straw type water purifier. Those are compact and cheap. A paperback army survival manual is nice to have. Compact burner and a small propane cylinder is nice to have. Basic hand tool kit and a compact socket set. Tire plug kit. Folding shovel. Portable cell charger w/ integrated solar cell. Walkie talkies. Power inverter so you can run some 12v stuff off your truck if needed. An updated road atlas/map. Handheld garmin style gps. Cellular may not be functional.

Good stuff.

It’s hard for me to generate a list.

I literally have everything you posted in my work truck at all times. Been that way for 15yrs so I don’t really think about it.

We work in very remote areas and sometimes we’ll be stuck in the field for a couple 2-3 days on no notice.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Saleen498

Established Member
Waterproof matches
Plastic bags
Water bags and purifier
Spigot key
Bandages as well as common medications and potassium iodide.
Radio
Few ounces of silver
Most important is a plan and a place to go.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Im workin on revamping mine
Changing cold gear for summer clothes etc. I need a poncho in it, and some water tabs etc...but its getting close to what i want
Gun
Ammo
First aid kit (with some really cool goodies and drugs)
Sam splint
Fire stuff
Knife
Mre
Cordage
Flash light
Small red led light
Compass
Some chem lights
Tinder
Belt
Socks
Space blanket

Most of the small stuff and clothes are in the pack in this pic.
I use this in my truck as a "get home bag" but i doubles as a bug out sorta...i have a tote in my garage for that and this pack is a part of it

beau t

Established Member
1 thing i didn't see mentioned is my pup has his own back pack so he can carry his own food. If nothing else he would let me know when someone gets close lol.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
1 thing i didn't see mentioned is my pup has his own back pack so he can carry his own food. If nothing else he would let me know when someone gets close lol.
My asshole lab has a pack he doesnt know about lol
My wife and kids have ones they dont know about either...mostly food, shelter and meds, and my wifes might have a gun a ammo too lol.
I bought 4 tactical packs off amazon a year or two ago and rigged em for each person.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
These ones to be exact

Edit...link wont paste...reebow is the name of em

MG0h3

Established Member
There comes a point where you really have to decide do I just hunker down or move somewhere.

Unless there are incredibly extreme conditions, I’d vote for hunker down at your house. I’d only leave the house if it was absolutely, without question, needed.

Even then, I’d look to commandeer another structure for shelter.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Two weeks ago was the apocaclipse, bridge burners the week before, more spy balloons before that... so i gotta ask, because I don't follow news/pop culture, what are we bugging out and preparing for now?

MG0h3

Established Member
Two weeks ago was the apocaclipse, bridge burners the week before, more spy balloons before that... so i gotta ask, because I don't follow news/pop culture, what are we bugging out and preparing for now?

Beats me.

But the fact that what I’d assume are “normal people” asking about, says a lot about the current state of our country, confidence in our GOV, etc.

The more I think about it, I’m just going to work.

We have five generators the size of semi trailers hard wired to the buildings with auto start.

A connex with 1000 cases of MREs.

I’ve got several thousand rounds of 9mm and .223 in my locker, under my desk. Basically stuffed in every free spot I have.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel you need to use reverse logic. The question is what do you need in a go-bag to join the rest of us when the time comes? Don’t “bug out” and run when whatever problem arises. The problem will not be dealt with if everyone runs for the proverbial hills. You’re just separating from the herd and an easier target sometime in the future. Organize, resist, and defend.

Users who are viewing this thread