Built Motor

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Hey eveyone. I need some help. I am considering building the motor to my 98 Cobra sometime in the future. I want to forge the engine, clean up the heads, continue to use my spray, etc. I will use the vehicle mostly on the weekends to have some fun and at the drag strip. I want to start learning about the different companies that are out there that sell forged equipment. Also I'm not sure if I want to just clean the block or go with a 302 stroker kit. Let me know your opinions and results with companies that sell good forged products, and opinions on what parts to mix with the engine build. Also I would want to go with a 10.5:1 up to 11.5:1. What is the pros/cons of going or staying with either one of those two compressions. Thanks again.

Last edited:

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
im running 10.93 :1 and I run 93 on motor and a mix on the spray

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
where do you get 93 from and what kind of miz do you go with? What other things have you done to your car?
93 is standard pump here(premium) on the n20 250-300 shot, it will be a 93 110 mix ....the car has a forged rotating ass., b heads with a 5 angle, ported short runner and comp cams ....it made 381 rear wheel naturally aspired on a mustang dyno on 93 octane and a very conservative tune

o0prodigy0o

Established Member
In Cali you wont find 93. Its only midwest and eastcoast I believe. I think its due to emission regulations out west and as you go further east youll find 93 for sure since thats what I had in Chicago when I lived there. As far as I know all these cars are designed to run on 91 and not 93 so IMO it shouldnt make a difference as far as normal performance goes. 91 octane is the min for high performance engines.

351inside

Established Member
^^^ you are in houston and its under 3 bucks? its like 330 in my side of town!!!

But alot of people on here say its better to just bore out our blocks since the troke is already big enough! i dunno

Users who are viewing this thread