Built Motor!!!!!!!!!!

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
funny Chris told me how to burp my Cobra's coolant and it worked perfectly lol

it is kinda a pain to do and sometimes takes a few tries to get it right. You had no heat b/c there was not coolant in your heater core. Same thing happened to me.

Steve and Chris have always done me right since 2000 when they tuned my Novi 2000 charged 2000 GT Mustang. It held up perfectly and I beat on that car till 123K miles like that until a head gasket started leaking coolant. They also tuned my harley blown F150 crew cab and I beat on that thing and it held up great too. I think they're good guys so I'm glad it worked out for you. I saw your car up there at some point in February I think maybe Feb 16th (Presidents day) I think I was off work that day and drove up there to talk to Chris about my evap problems. I was checking out your car b/c I wanted saleeen rims and I was looking at your rear tire sizes etc lol I got my Saleens a few weeks later so thanks I guess :) Pretty sure it was that car anyway. Also I have only heard bad things about Strictly's. Are they in Humble ?

so what's next with your car ? now you have those new pistons you should have at least thrown on a smaller upper pulley while they were already tuning it. I know Steve hates lower pullies. He always tries to talk me out of getting a lower. You going back later for more power with supporting mods ?

Last edited:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
funny Chris told me how to burp my Cobra's coolant and it worked perfectly lol

it is kinda a pain to do and sometimes takes a few tries to get it right. You had no heat b/c there was not coolant in your heater core. Same thing happened to me.

Steve and Chris have always done me right since 2000 when they tuned my Novi 2000 charged 2000 GT Mustang. It held up perfectly and I beat on that car till 123K miles like that until a head gasket started leaking coolant. They also tuned my harley blown F150 crew cab and I beat on that thing and it held up great too. I think they're good guys so I'm glad it worked out for you. I saw your car up there at some point in February I think maybe Feb 16th (Presidents day) I think I was off work that day and drove up there to talk to Chris about my evap problems. I was checking out your car b/c I wanted saleeen rims and I was looking at your rear tire sizes etc lol I got my Saleens a few weeks later so thanks I guess :) Pretty sure it was that car anyway. Also I have only heard bad things about Strictly's. Are they in Humble ?

so what's next with your car ? now you have those new pistons you should have at least thrown on a smaller upper pulley while they were already tuning it. I know Steve hates lower pullies. He always tries to talk me out of getting a lower. You going back later for more power with supporting mods ?

I don't know where strictly is...But i'm getting a little too old for this muscle car stuff. I'm 45. My son who is 15, has his permit and drives it more than me. But he respects the car and doesn't drive crazy like other teenagers do. He want's me to keep it and then get it from me when he gets a job and his license. I know he wants me to put a 100 shot on it and have it re-tuned but i'm happy how fast it is now. We'll see what happens.

Also Chris said my injectors were barely hanging in there. I need a BAP or some 60 pound injectors.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I hear ya man. I'm 34 and I just want to fix my car up for track use mainly. I love my little Infiniti daily driver.

postalbunny

Established Member
Port them. You will go ts eventionally. It will be a great investment for down the road.

What kind of gains can you expect with a ported eaton, or a ts with the heads ported?

I've considered the same thing... heads are off getting valve job to fix leaking exhaust valve. If i'm going to port then now's the time to do it. I only have a Steggy Stage-V ported eaton, not sure if i'll put more $ into her to get a ts later.

Users who are viewing this thread