Bushings or catback?!?!?!?

gabe1530

Banned
I would go with a catback and a IRS brace for starters. I have Bruce's kit. .it's excellent, but from what others have stated. . do the exhaust, BF brace, and some better tires first. Most of my hop was gone just by switching to better tires.

+1, thats the same route i went when i first got mine.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
how many miles are on your car? Just curious

I did my exhaust first, cause Im only dropping that IRS ONCE!! (knock on wood)

and I agree with Gabe and :beer: Tim

mach1033

Established Member
Catback and tires. I have the FTBR kit and it is a hellava upgrade but it is expensive labor wise. Ford Racing has a nice Diff cover now so you might want to check that out if you decide to go bushing's.

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Since no one has said it....

Catback, IRS brace, JLT.

Or find someone to swap and get rid of the IRS (free!) and then get you a solid rear exhaust, intake, and MMFLSCFs.

termin8rdsg

Established Member
I'd go with the exhaust and IRS brace/New cover, ftbr kit, mmflsc. Has your coolant ever been flushed? Might want to consider a Reische 170 T-Stat, if you don't already have one. Like others have said, the list is endless.

rudycobra

Established Member
I would do the catback ! Unless have bad wheel hop , but you can get a set of nitto 555rs keep pressure between 15-20 and should b fine !

black 10th vert

Established Member
As someone who has done just about EVERY mod you can think of, I would say if given the choice, the exhaust wins every time. The reason being what others have already said. Part of the enjoyment of this car comes from the visceral sound, and just driving it - not just doing wheelstands, and ripping your tires apart. If powerbraking, and crap like that is your thing, then by all means do the suspension first, but if you just enjoy it on the street, then the easily installed catback will net you the most enjoyment for your dollars spent. I would recommend doing the LPW cover for the rear over the BF brace any day (I have owned both). The BF brace is decent, but is really only a bandaid, where buying a stronger cover is more of a positive fix inmo, and the cost difference is negligible anyway. Installing the new cover will also give you the opportunity to not only change the oil in the diff, and re-seal everything, but also give you a nice built in drain plug to make future oil changes simple. The stock cover has no provision for draining, so you either have to remove the cover, or pump the oil out with small diameter tubing, which never gets it out all the way. Definitely have the FTBR bushings on your short list of upgrades, though, right after subframe connectors.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread