Buying CSVT with couple problems....

LightningLou

Established Member
I was thinking about buying a contour svt for cheap but it does have a couple issues which I think can be a simple fix. First of all, the owner said the battery isn't charging while the car is running even though he replaced both the alternator and battery already. Also, the cluster gauges aren't working either... Anyone have any insight on what might be the issue?? I was thinking maybe a bad ground or corroded battery cables. Any help would be great. Thanks.

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Could be the "mega-fuse" mounted on the firewall behind the intake. If that blows you won't charge from what I understand. It's like a 130a fuse.

LightningLou

Established Member
Yeah man I checked both sides of the fuse while the car was running and it gave me the same reading which was right off the battery. The reading was around 12.4v. Right now the car is running straight off the battery until the battery falls below 12v then the car will buck and die and will not restart.

LightningLou

Established Member
Just took out the Vehicle speed sensor on top of the tranny because all the wires were exposed and touching... That could explain the cluster not working. One problem, when I took out that sensor a little black plastic rod that fits inside the sensor fell into the tranny somewhere and I don't know how in the hell to get it out. Has anybody ever replaced that sensor before??

About the contour.org site I have a username but for some reason I can't make any posts. Im about to create a new username over there tho and see if i can get any replies. I appreciate the replies over here

LightningLou

Established Member
So I read that thread about the alternator wiring fix and I think I'm gonna try that out. How would I do the "fix" or do I purchase new wires from ford or what? Please let me know because I need to fix this hooptie sooon

Users who are viewing this thread