BWNBYU"s First Mod Motor = Vortech Air to Air and much more

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I actually prefer the stock look of the factory intake for the b head engines. the black looks badass to but I'm just a sucker for a clean factory intake for this car, looks much better than others.
It was something I had to think long and hard about. The stock had was absolutely flawless but I didn't feel it would have looked right. I actually picked up another hat that I'm going to shave the EGR and I AC off of and then have it powder coated again

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Youre sick you need help! Nice work car looks great. What do you expect for power?
Going to keep it around 4:20 to the tires until I can find a built short block or put rods and pistons in it. Eventually I'd like to be able to make right at 500 to the wheels

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I say keep the white one and nice work so far on the 4v! What do you think of its characteristics vs the pushrod?

Also love how you posted the thread and being almost done vs others where the thread is going on for years and the owner still isnt close to being done.
It's funny because right now I have the rev limiter set at 5500 on the white car to try to keep the block from splitting and I really love the extra legs 6800 rpm gives me in this car. It really helps you to be able to hold the corner, which is what I really love to do. I've already had the red car up to about 150 chasing a buddy in his GTR up a really twisty hilly Canyon. I definitely needed another 200 horse on that day. I've played around with the GTR on a roll and my white car is actually a little faster than his modded 09 if we go from above 60. Otherwise it just blows the tires off. The red pushrod car also spins to 6800 so I look forward to throwing the maximum motorsports catalog at that car lol.

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Appearance wise.. Yes...

Engine wise.. No.. I can get about $7k for the heads, blower kit, injectors, maf, fuel system etc and then return it to stock. We both know these cars don't sell for alot, even with a ton of money in them.. Especially whethe rings are shot..

Even with 125# compressionin one hole and no more than 145 in any other, it still logs 593 horse!

So throw a stock longblock in it and then shoot me a price.

chao5.0

Established Member
It was something I had to think long and hard about. The stock had was absolutely flawless but I didn't feel it would have looked right. I actually picked up another hat that I'm going to shave the EGR and I AC off of and then have it powder coated again

oh yes, I hate the EGR and IAC provision on these intakes, looks like a flat donkey ****.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Today the coolant crossover and Vortech Plaque showed up. I went to Oreilly and picked a radiator hose off the wall that fit my needs and cut an 1.5" pipe to splice the new hose and my original radiator hose together.. The splice sits right under the inlet elbow. Coolant hoses are all hooked back up as is all the wiring and passenger side vacuum hoses and fuel lines. Just waiting on my 4" tubing to build the power pipe, weld the 1/2" ally nipple for the IAC and run vac lines to the BOV and MAP sensor.. Hopefully be welding by the weekend.

almost there_1 by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

almost there by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Because your work is beautiful.
Aww thanks man means a lot. I cannot wait to tear into this mint interior. I have had friends smell the car and they all agree, it literally smells like new. I've got some really nice focal components and a Kenwood navigation touch screen to go in as well as a state-of-the-art CompuStar paging alarm. Now I just need to find some mint 10th anniversary red and black seats and have a grand to blow on genuine carbon driven carbon fiber door cups and center stack

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Aww thanks man means a lot. I cannot wait to tear into this mint interior. I have had friends smell the car and they all agree, it literally smells like new. I've got some really nice focal components and a Kenwood navigation touch screen to go in as well as a state-of-the-art CompuStar paging alarm. Now I just need to find some mint 10th anniversary red and black seats and have a grand to blow on genuine carbon driven carbon fiber door cups and center stack

I am looking at getting some of the Carbon Driven stuff for my Cobra. Stuff looks amazing.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I am looking at getting some of the Carbon Driven stuff for my Cobra. Stuff looks amazing.
I was going to do silver again but I really want to take this car to another level. Polished aluminum and real carbon are a match made in heaven. I already have billet door handles, but I'll add billet window switches and hvac knobs to accent the carbon. It's going to be cleaner than ****

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Everything but the maf is officially hooked up. I opted to put the IAC nipple on the passenger side of the cast tube. Right now the hose runs towards the battery and all the way around the front of the radiator and over.. By summer I'll have the other intake hat shaved and a nipple welded on the passenger rear which will run to a remote IAC in the passenger fender.. This was the cleanest way I felt I could to both for the time being. Waiting on my 4" aluminum which was shipped to my parents by accident, which is 3 hours away.. one way.. FML.. Going to meet them halfway on friday. As soon as it's built I can cut the hole for the maf and then tig everything up.. Hoping to have it at the powdercoaters by Mnday Morning.

hooked up by Matt Whidden, on Flickr

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You can do the volute, but I'm positive the blower would have to be disassembled completely to do the rest. That's why I was so happy to find a black one!

Yeah but who can take it apart? Lol

Anyway, car looks amazing. Your builds are one of the couple that are driving my madness of my Cobra and GT.

Users who are viewing this thread