Bye bye 2.3

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So Bdubbs you are actually seeing 21psi with the 2.6 and stock lower?
Yes, sometimes 22 in colder weather. I have headers as well. I have a few things to help minimize belt slip.

The 2.6 is carbinite coated, I have a thump tensioner, and a whipple adjustable auxillary pulley.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cj428mach

Established Member
The 2.65 numbers seem high but I guess I'll find out. In theory there should be about a 15% boost gain, that chart is showing close to 20%.

MG0h3

Established Member
I recall them claiming that the new rotor profile or twist moves more air as well so maybe that accounts for what isn't just volume.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I recall them claiming that the new rotor profile or twist moves more air as well so maybe that accounts for what isn't just volume.

Yeah the new rotor pack has 10 more degrees of lobe twist. It will make boost much more rapidly than the old 2.3 rotor pack. Couple that with the other benefits and the 2.65 will be a crazy blower. I believe you can still look up the 2.65 on Eaton’s website and they have data comparing the 2.3 to the 2.65.

cj428mach

Established Member

I remember reading in a magazine that a positive displacement blower is rated by how much air it moves in 1 rotation so a 2.65 moves 2.65 liters per rotation, a 2.3 moves 2.3l per rotation. If thats true rotor design shouldn't haven any impact on boost as boost is just air in vs the amount of air you can get out.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I loved my VMP 2.3 blower but it looks like its time to say goodbye as I just placed my order with Mdracingkc.com for my VMP 2.65. I ordered it with a 3.1" pulley so with my 4lb lower and current pulleys that should give me any combination up 25psi.

I'm excited for the new blower and hope J2Fab doesn't hold me up on my Intercooler mod.

I'll give you a $1,000 for your trade in. ;)

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Please don't say that!

I guess theres always the jump start by the zoo, or the old faithful QT in Maize.
Didnt know there was a QT that sold E85 around here. I have been using the jump start off of west close to 235 and have had good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

blownfox

Established Member
Please don't say that!

I guess theres always the jump start by the zoo, or the old faithful QT in Maize.

I took this pic for you this morning. It really sucks they torn it down as that was the E-85 station I was going to use. Now moving to Andover I'm going to have to rethink E-85.

40863212370_d39de9a4ec_c.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
I took this pic for you this morning. It really sucks they torn it down as that was the E-85 station I was going to use. Now moving to Andover I'm going to have to rethink E-85.

View attachment 1493137

I actually liked that station because it was always E70 no matter what. E85 is great and all but I enjoyed the consistency. I doubt you drive your car much, just get a 55 gallon drum to store in your garage. If you need a drum let me know, we have some at work, then you can buy a cheap hand pump off ebay for $40 or so and be in business. Then just get a few 5 gallon cans and when your in an e85 area fill them up and take them home to keep your drum full.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I actually liked that station because it was always E70 no matter what. E85 is great and all but I enjoyed the consistency. I doubt you drive your car much, just get a 55 gallon drum to store in your garage. If you need a drum let me know, we have some at work, then you can buy a cheap hand pump off ebay for $40 or so and be in business. Then just get a few 5 gallon cans and when your in an e85 area fill them up and take them home to keep your drum full.
I may take you up on a drum Mike. I always just take a couple 5 gal cans and fill them up and dump them in the car when needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
Image1528518062.703875.jpg
looks like Eaton updated some of the information on the 2650. Or not (I haven’t checked since I heard about the blower) but people coming in here have reference to why the 2300 rotor pack may take a severe price cut (or rather should).

Last edited:

SVTXTC

Established Member
View attachment 1493370looks like Eaton updated some of the information on the 2650. Or not (I haven’t checked since I heard about the blower) but people coming in here have reference to why the 2300 rotor pack may take a severe price cut (or rather should).

Yeah that’s not going to happen. TVS 2300’s are still BA and worth every penny. Notice in the new VMP video Justin states there is NO difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 2.3’s? If anything, Whipple 4.0’s, KB prices and ported Eaton’s will be taking a price dive.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah that’s not going to happen. TVS 2300’s are still BA and worth every penny. Notice in the new VMP video Justin states there is NO difference between Gen 1 and Gen 2 2.3’s? If anything, Whipple 4.0’s, KB prices and ported Eaton’s will be taking a price dive.

Never understand the Whipple 4.0. Yeah I’d be cool to say I have it. But you have to worry about snapping the crank. Then basically have a built motor to run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Waiting like a kid on Christmas for more results on the 2.65. Then, I might pull the trigger on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread