Can a Terminator Handle? Z06 comparo.

racebronco2

Established Member
Corvettes are better handling cars than Mustangs. Still Mustangs with the suspension and chassis mods are not dogs in the corners like alot of people say they are.

Most of the new mustang guys that i have met are getting out of drag racing and just are getting started in open track, like all newbees they think as soon as soon as the exit a turn it's pedal to the metal. Re-inforcing what many people think that mustangs can't handle.

racebronco2

Established Member
You will also need to compare maitainance costs. To change a clutch in a vette is about twice that of a cobra. The vette also have a problem with the racks leaking when open tracking. The rack costs about 400.00 but the engine craddle must be lowered to replace it. Cobra use 17's and the vettes have 17's front and 18's rear. Most of the mods for the vette are 2 or 3 times what they are for a cobra. When my vette friends try and put my car down i just tell them "hell my grandma could drive a vette faster then i can drive my cobra", so whats your point.

hpfiend

Established Member
Interesting-

Since our cars are built on the same platform your cobra and my fox- if I went to 5 lug and put some 04 cobra brakes on, max motorsports road and track kit, theoretically I would be able to school a cobra with my fox (3100 lbs with me in it)... no irs in the rear though...

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Interesting-

Since our cars are built on the same platform your cobra and my fox- if I went to 5 lug and put some 04 cobra brakes on, max motorsports road and track kit, theoretically I would be able to school a cobra with my fox (3100 lbs with me in it)... no irs in the rear though...

Actually the sheetmetal between the Fox and the Fox4 are a bit different. They beefed up some of the metal The Fox4 is about 40% stiffer in torsion and deflection then the fox (that's why the Fox4 weigh a bit more then the fox and why the S197 weighs more then the fox4). I was looking at a photo of a Fox inside rear quarter (next to the rear passenger) where there was a huge void blanked out. On the fox4 they didn't do that. Most people think the SN95 is a re-skinned Fairmont. Not exactly.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Interesting-

A lightened Fox coupe(w/trunk) with a tied in cage and FLSFCs is a formidable track car.

Add a torque arm or IRS w/ coil overs, decent brakes and some horsepower.... DEADLY!!!:rockon:

American Iron :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
I love my COBRA. Is a coupe that I have owned & stiffened up since day one. Many people complain there is too much chassis flex in the SN95 body. My 04 coupe with MM-FLSFC's & soon a complete MM coil-over kit, revised bushings through out, wider contact patches, a custom alignment & fully corner weighted settings should be able to run closer then you think against a Vette. Ya ya, the mustang is "not sophisticated" they say. They also say it is nose heavy. But at the same time it's one of the most nuetral handling Mustangs at it's limits.

I love the way my car handles & I drive mine very aggressive on the street. Put a properly modified 03/04 Cobra coupe in the hnads of a skilled driver & the line between the Vette & the COBRA will get very thin... ! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread