Car stalls after dyno tune!

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I read and responded to some threads about this topic already, but am still looking for more info...

I just recently had a dyno tune done with a SCT chip. Everything seemed fine, until i drove it for 30 mins+. Sometime when i start downshifting when coming to a red light, and push in the clutch, the rpms just plummet to zero....or dip really low (400-600) before coming back to 800.

I am visiting the shop tomorrow, but it doesnt sound like he totally gets whats going on with it. He was trying to blame "turbulence"...but i proceeded to tell him that i have had the EXACT SAME ENGINE SETUP FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS, with ZERO stalls...

Any ideas of what to tell him would be great. I heard that he needs to adjust my dashpot decay. Any ideas to what?!?! Thanks -Dan

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think you're right about the decay rate. A lot of time the decay rate is increased to bring the rpm down quicker between shifts, but that causes issues when coming to a stop.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
iac and maf worked perfect with factory tune...

I just dont know what values to set the decay rate to...

01yellercobra

Established Member
I couldn't give you an exact number. I had to play with mine to get it to drop fast enough, but not stall. I'm actually running the same setting as when I had the blower on.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Mine drops fast....and keeps dropping :bash:. I'm taking my car to the shop today. I will let you guys know what happens.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
that happend to me once (exactly like you described it)...about 45mins after i had a custom tune done...it only happend that one time though

can you data log it and see if you can make it happen?

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
He adjusted the dashpot and slightly bent a bracket near the throttle body (not sure which bracket?!?!). The problem seems to be resolved! Took him all of 4 mins to do :beer:. I am pretty pumped. Hopefully it is fixed this time...

Users who are viewing this thread