cast iron coyote block?

Clipboard

Established Member
not that im aware, youre better off having your block modified or buying a ford racing spec block. Not sure of the exact name but they released a certain "race spec" type of block?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
As of now, no. I think the demand for an aftermarket block will be great enough in the next couple of years that a manufacturer will release one. At least I am hoping so.

dannydr44

Established Member
There’s no need for one (doesn’t exist anyway). Sleeve your stock block, get some solid internals and you can run some serious HP. Just saying...

Bud

Established Member
There’s no need for one (doesn’t exist anyway). Sleeve your stock block, get some solid internals and you can run some serious HP. Just saying...

a cheap $1500ish iron block would be awesome...it'd quickly get all the boost. I can see a need

CPRsm

1500 is cheap if you need a block. But another 5-700 over that is well worth not getting hit w the weight of cast iron

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
1500 is cheap if you need a block. But another 5-700 over that is well worth not getting hit w the weight of cast iron

This, I always thought about trying to get a run of these built but man, the weight they will put on the front end isn't worth it. sleeves are around $2000ish range.

Bud

Established Member

A few button pushes on the boost controller would easily make up for the weight :)

Gamble13GT

Established Member
A iron block would be the way to go. I have seen a few sleeved blocks crack. The added weight can be adjusted elsewhere if really needed too.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
At the end of the day, for drag racing and longevity, it's hard to beat a quality iron block.

As far as weight, turbo cars usually have to weigh more in a class anyways. So weight savings isn't as vital as in a nitrous or n/a car. Keep in mind, aluminum blocks were originally intended to save weight in n/a circle track/dirt track cars; not forced induction drag cars.

Second, even though a cast aluminum block may hold together, it will flex like crazy when compared to iron. You'll lose power in ring seal alone. And the aluminum quality in the coyote blocks have proven to be inferior to the prior Ford castings.

Forget iron, you want CGI.

Correct. A CGI (compacted graphite iron) block is something like 50% stronger than the standard iron. It won't distort(as much), it will seal better, it will hold internal components tight and you'll break the crank first.

Users who are viewing this thread