catless mids........should I?

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
Im thinking about getting catless mids because i found em local for cheap. Will i need to get the o2 simulators to have no cel?

i have magnaflow catback ....anyone else using have this setup? video?

ViciousJay

Established Member
leave it alone... or buy 2 highflow magnaflow converters and cut the others off and install the highflows thats what i did

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
I have Bassani Offroad mids into Bassani catback.I didn't like it at first but,now I
do.

I bought my MIL eliminators from Lethal Performance BTW.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
:whine:I don't think I could ever go back to quiet:whine:

I WAKE THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!:burn: HaHa!!!

1 Bad Bolt

Got to love the SVT
Established Member
Im thinking about getting catless mids because i found em local for cheap. Will i need to get the o2 simulators to have no cel?

i have magnaflow catback ....anyone else using have this setup? video?

I have been thinking of doing the same actually... btw if you have an amazon tune in your truck most likely your rear O2 sensors are turned off.. I had asked Rick to send me a new tune with them turned off and he told me that he turns them off in most of his tunes...:beer:

87vertgt

Da Bears!
Established Member
I removed all four cats...LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check engine didnt come on....

no performance increase thou ;-(

Last edited:

RipitRon

Established Member
I am running Long tubes catless mids and Bassani S.S. catback and I freakin hate it, more and More every day. I use to have the same set-up with hi-flows and it was cleaner sounding and had less drown, I am having hi-flows put on this week because is sounds TERRIBLE!!!

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
i had magnaflow high flow cats welded inplace of my OEM ones. I would not want to DD this thing with it any louder.

on a side note, i know one day i will have comp r exhaust on here.....cuz it sounds so damn mean:bash:

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
A lot of people will tell you unless you're making gobs of boost, you are going to loose power with no cats.....

ecoastkid

Established Member
I am running Long tubes catless mids and Bassani S.S. catback and I freakin hate it, more and More every day. I use to have the same set-up with hi-flows and it was cleaner sounding and had less drown, I am having hi-flows put on this week because is sounds TERRIBLE!!!

amen brother....

I hated it for a few reasons...

1. It is LOUD...so loud that I couldnt drive the truck as fast as I used to for fear of getting pulled over while going down main street. Also, if you have a beer in you, you'll always be wondering if this is the night some cop uses that as an excuse to pull you over. (I'm lucky if I have 1 beer a mth...I hardly drink...but still think about)

2. It sounded untuned...kind of like a blat sound

I did just like this guy did...I took it back and had 2 high flow cats welded in...Loving it!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Running Long tubes,catless mids. and a bassani catback. Not that loud surprisingly. I would however get two high flows and see how you like the way it sounds then. But for some help, my old set up is bassani high flow mids and a single duel in duel out magnaflow catback setup.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl6bbuPA8LE"]YouTube - Ford Lightning Exhaust[/ame]

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
do i need simulators if the rear o2 are shut off?

NO....But you need a tuner to do it.You can't turn them off with a handheld.
I tried with mine but,SES light keeps comming on.I have Diablo....SCT
might be different:shrug:

SADF

Established Member
I had my buddy weld in two straight pipes for $100 in my mid pipe. Sounds sick and I agree that I wouldn't ever go back. CEL never came on either. One member did a how to on doing it yourself for cheap a few years back when I was doing mine. He went to AutoZone and bought two of their pieces of pipe on the muffler aisle just like the guy put in the how to(I used to work there and did for six years... they have sold the same pipe sections on the sales floor since the day I started). Those pieces happen to be the exact measurement to weld in place of the catted mids. I ended up not using because my buddy prefered using their pipe in the muffler shop but still, $100 for catless mids installed? That less than half the price just for the part on the hi flows.

ViciousJay

Established Member
high flow cats cost 65 bucks a piece, they are legal and keep that nasty drone out of the wonderful sound our exhausts make. Believe me when i say the setup im running is just fine and you can actually talk to someone without screaming but when you romp on it all im gonna say is th dead wakes up also it flows very well... do yourself the favor and just buy 2 highflow cats.

Users who are viewing this thread