Changed clutch put long tube headers on and filter relocation kit. Engine noise???

mmcmillen82

Established Member
I added a bunch of stuff this winter. The last few that I did were last week. I changed the clutch to a stage 3+ and put bbk long tubes on. Also just put in today a filter relocation kit to fit the new tubular k member. Was hard starting and when it finally did it has a knock noise in the right head didn't let it run long hoping it's nothing serious. Anyone experienced anything like this???

Sage2k

Established Member
Make sure its not an exhaust leak or a header hitting something? On my old 5.0 one of the headers was barely touching the kmember and would make a rattling sound at idle

mmcmillen82

Established Member
I will tomorrow. My heart dropped when I heard it. The engine only has 12.5k on it and it's going to te dyno on the 17th. Really hope its something simple. I was hoping the timing chain didn't jump and mess stuff up :-////

Blueline

Established Member
What oil filter did you use? There have been reports of certain oil filters causing a noise.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Do you have the MM filter relo. kit? Seems simple, but did you add x-tra oil? that kit comes with a Ford FL-1HP filter, that's bigger than stock plus the 5' of hose. What kind of fasteners are you using for your headers? I have BBK LTs with crappy bolts and a couple have backed out making a funky noise. good luck...

mmcmillen82

Established Member
the relocation kit is from summit and only has 2' hose so no extra oil... i do have the bbk long tubes too fresh install and all were tight when i installed them dont think any backed out already... really sound like its a knock inside the motor but starts right up and runs... havent let it run very long tho makes me nervous

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Bought a relocation kit from summit or maybe jegs many moons ago, didn't like it. It was installed on a differ vehicle though. Can you install the oil filter like before and see if the noise is still there?

Users who are viewing this thread