Changed thermostat, still having a problem

ttoys00

Established Member
to get the air out of mine i just let it run with the resovior cap off for a least an hour everytime it would burp i would put a little more coolent in it it took a very long time for it to quit burping

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Mine was really simple. I just went by the Ford recommended burping proceedure.

-Jeff

Snk-Byet01

Established Member
Make sure your heater is turned to high (hot) to get the coolant running through the heater core to purge the air out of it. I used the info from another thread to put a tight fitting funnel in the cross over hole and keep about 1"-2" of coolant until it stops burping. It will take a couple of tstat cycles to get most of the big air out. The little bubbles will get together in a day or two, so you'll probably need to do this more than once.

hotcobra03

Established Member
i had a thermostat problem.at least i thought so,till refilling.I didnt know about the burb pipe till afterwards.i never did have to open it though ,but i did run the car hot.guess it has a enginge shut off when the temp gets too hot..hope you get it ,just keep adding coolant till it wont take any more.i did change the oil after every overheat,i think it was about 5 times in one week.that was around 160,000 miles ago.engine still runs stroung and doesnt burn a drop of oil.

lucheski

Established Member
Take the radiator cap off then Fill form the little tube next to the supercharger. A guy on modfords suggested this and it eliminated my air bubble problems when I was testing different t-stats

Users who are viewing this thread