Chrome 2001 wheels

Butterybunz

Established Member
I recently picked up a set of four chrome 01 cobra wheels off craigslist. I was wondering if I got a good deal or not and some info about them. This is what they look like:

rim1w.jpg

How much should I have paid for four wheels with tires? Two of the tires need to be replaced, and two wheels have some imperfections...

What is the width of these wheels? When I measure with a ruler they look like the are 9" wide, but I have read the stock wheels should only be 8" wide?!?

Thanks, sorry for being a noob.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
They are 8inches wide. Price wise maybe $400.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ahhh crap.. I should have researched them better before buying. I only paid $150, but I'm looking for a wider wheel. :bash:

I will probably end up just selling them.

$150 is a hell of a deal. You should sell those and get a wider wheel.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If those are factory rims they're not chrome. They're just polished. Although they look like they're in good shape. I got $250 for mine without tires.

Butterybunz

Established Member
If those are factory rims they're not chrome. They're just polished. Although they look like they're in good shape. I got $250 for mine without tires.

Yes they are factory, did ford make them in chrome? The picture I put up is not the wheels I bought, just posted for example. The ones I bought sure look chrome.

I will be selling these, and another set of wheels and using the funds to buy some wider wheels.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The 03/04's were chrome I believe. But the 01 rims were polished. They have a clear coat on them from the factory that some people stripped off.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
No, the 01 had that grey coating.

'99s have the argent (grey) coating. '01s were polished. I believe both had clearcoat on them. (I guess it's more silver than argent on the '99s)

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
i might have been bamboozled. when i bought mine in 05, it was an 01 vert with 17k on it. said it was original, from head to toe. but had the grey coated wheels.

shurur

Established Member
'99s have the argent (grey) coating. '01s were polished. I believe both had clearcoat on them. (I guess it's more silver than argent on the '99s)

yup...mine were more silver on my '99..mine had the cobra R centercap though, but "Chrome" was bubbling off in some places..supposedly original to the car..dumped them all for $150.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
If you got all four wheels in decent shape w/tires, even if two of the tires need replacing, you got a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread