Clutch Life??

MineralGSVT

Established Member
I have my '01 Cobra with 31k miles in for the TSB relating to hard shifting.

While they have the transmission out, they tell me the clutch is worn out and they want to replace it. Our course that is not under warranty.

I have always gotten 60-80k miles out of clutches in my '89 5.0 so 31k miles seems a little premature. BTW.. the car has never been to the drag strip..

What is everyone seeing for clutch wear?

Thanks!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
They looked at mine with 24k on it an they said it looked perfect. That's with 4 dragstrip events and a 'few' good street launches. -J

AzDropTop

Established Member
I replaced my clutch on the 99 at about 43K miles due to the TOB issue and my clutch was fine. I replaced it anyway. A new OEM clutch from DandD motorsports was like 161.00 shipped. Do not but the clutch through the dealer unless they won't warranty one from outside.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
i have 54k on my factory clutch, and its still working with 4 drag racing events, 6 autox events, and 1 open track :) good shifting is key.

-marek

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
10,000 miles and the TOB needed to be replaced. SVT Tech did the clutch just 'cause he had it apart! I Love My Ford Dealer.

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
i put my spec stage 3 in about a month ago with 53K on the od. and it still had a good year left on it and i was running 569 rwhp threw it.

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
had a 96 hyundai accent 120,000 miles on the original clutch and still going strong...i learned how to drive stick on this thing.

MineralGSVT

Established Member
Should be picking the car up today.. the dealer has been nothing but good to me for several years, so I don't think that is the problem... they are holding the parts for me.

Users who are viewing this thread