clutch pedal "soft" and hangs after a wot pull

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I tried the vise grip method on my car and I couldn't get the pedal far enough forward to remove the spring. Some have tried it and succeeded and others have broken the post.
Whatever way you decide to go, the outcome is worth the effort.
I hope your one of the successful ones.

Well, like everyone has said, once it's out they don't ever want to go back so if I do break it by accident it will just be one less thing I have to try and remember where it's stored. lol

jasong712

Established Member
I removed my spring tonight. I am very pleased with the clutch feel. Although, I am still disappointed with shifting into 2nd at WOT....it still grinds 2nd. Am I just shifting too fast or should I have the dealer take a look at the clutch?

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I removed my spring tonight. I am very pleased with the clutch feel. Although, I am still disappointed with shifting into 2nd at WOT....it still grinds 2nd. Am I just shifting too fast or should I have the dealer take a look at the clutch?
The problem is more likely shifter-related than clutch-related. There are number of threads on the topic, but you might want to consider upgrading to an MGW shifter which mitigated/solved the problem for many of us.

paluka21

Established Member
I thought that might be the issue. Ill get a shifter coming my way.

Thank you

Some guys are having good luck with replacing the shifter bushings rather than replacing the entire shifter. I went this route but haven't installed them yet.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just yanked my spring this morning. Once the rains go away I will see what the hubbub is all about.

Established Member
Are there any updates on the plunger spacer planeswalker posted a couple pages back?

Any one else do this mod?

Was there any change to the plunger's depth made by the factory for theMY 2014?

Users who are viewing this thread