Cobra leaking coolant from back of motor while in storage. Thoughts?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Very possible that the coolant for the supercharger froze depending on the mixture. Cracked the intercooler which causes it to fill up in the lower intake. It will push out the PCV hose on the bottom of the intake, down the back of the block (there is a drain hole in the block valley) and down the back of the engine. Also could be the metal tube that runs under the lower intake, coolant crossover or oil cooler. If the crossover is leaking, that will also leak into the block valley and leak out the back FYI

speeddemon2000

Established Member
My guess is the o-ring that's on the fitting on the rear passenger side head that exits to the heater core. That requires you drop the tranny to fix.

Other possibilities: There is ruber gasket on the passenger side of the radiator for the drain plug in the radiator. The o-rings in the coolant tube under the supercharger. It where the nipple exiting the block from the water pump to the tube mate up. Look down under the supercharger/intake with a light you may see coolant. The fittings on the heater core may be leaking. Finally and much less likely you could have a leaking head gasket. But I doubt that.

04cobraken

Established Member
Crossover tube is fine. Oil cooler area is fine. Coolant freezing point is fine. Have to get someway to look at the back of the engine.mblower is coming off for injector swap so that will make it easier to see what's back there. My guess is o ring on pass side head for the heater hose. We had that out last year when I swapped driver side head.

speedoflife

Established Member
Make sure to check the heater core inlet HOSE itself. I think someone mentioned it but there is a bolt on the firewall that is notorious for rubbing a hole in the hose that connects to the heater core. It doesn't make sense that sitting would cause it to leak but I had a hole pop in that hose while driving. Messy coolant disaster nightmare.

Blueline

Established Member
You should be able to feel around from the top of the engine bay around the two hoses for the heater core coming out of the firewall. Those lines could be dripping, just reach around them and feel for anything wet. If nothing then you will find it when you pull the blower. Good Luck

04cobraken

Established Member
After chasing this coolant leak for a couple of weeks I finally got a usb boroscope and found that I have some coolant under the blower toward the rear of the block. Guessing it's running down from there to the bell housing. Must be a leak in the line that runs under the blower. Coming off for injector upgrade soon so I'll see for sure.

speedoflife

Established Member
Thanks for the update - please let us know when you do find it for the sake of posterity.

Users who are viewing this thread