cobra mains???

Ironhand

Banned
6. 2 vertical bolts with 2 jack screws & 2 side bolts through the block.

Last edited:

Quick Strike

Established Member
The pins that the side bolt goes through technically count as it does help hold the main cap down and in location.

They are "jack screws" technically. You may want to correct your post #2 to reflect the correct orientation.

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
So you are OK with misinforming people in post #2 as written "6. 4 vertical bolts with 2 side bolts through the block."

You can put arp studs through all 4 of the verticals though. ill find a pic of it if you wish. Besides, if a person can't figure out the main bolt/jack screw/side bolts then they should stay out of the bottom end of a motor.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
You can put arp studs through all 4 of the verticals though. ill find a pic of it if you wish. Besides, if a person can't figure out the main bolt/jack screw/side bolts then they should stay out of the bottom end of a motor.

hilarious-
just as a side note to anyone reading this thread- if you're buying ARP main studs- be careful and read up- I have seen so many people buy the kit for an aluminum block when they didn't need it- When I had livernois sourcing all my parts we called ARP to get the correct ones and they were ssooo much cheaper for the correct set- btw headstuds are only 225 bucks at livernois as well. I will look for my main stud part number when I get home

Quick Strike

Established Member

Yes, Please show me a picture of a Terminator engine (as the OP asked about and you responded to) with 4 verticle bolts per main from the factory. You can see there are ony two in the picture I attached below. Maybe you are confused between verticle (up and down) and horizontal (side to side).

I just want people to have the correct information in case they were trying to figure out what to purchase in order to complete a Terminator engine (as I once did). Your post #2 would continue to misinform them. There is enough misinformation to sort through on the net without adding to it! A two bolt 4.6 main kit main from ARP and a side bolt kit would be all that is needed to complete the Terminator engine. The jack screws are reused.

Cobra%20100609%20WindageTray%20Pick%20Up.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread