Cobra R in Nasa ST2?

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Do any of you Cobra R guys run trackdays with Nasa? I hope to be starting my HPDE/Racing with them next year in the Z06 in my sig. Eventually I’m going to work up from the HPDE’s and get into their wheel 2 wheel racing and run in ST2 (Super Touring). It’s a weight to power class with mostly everything else open mod wise. As long as you meet the minimum 8.7-1 ratio, its all legal.

I would figure the 00 Cobra R’s could possibly run that class. You would be a little on the heavy side, but should be able to get close to that number. Anyone on here ever run with them or race with them? Would be very cool to see a 00 R running around the track.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Do any of you Cobra R guys run trackdays with Nasa? I hope to be starting my HPDE/Racing with them next year in the Z06 in my sig. Eventually I’m going to work up from the HPDE’s and get into their wheel 2 wheel racing and run in ST2 (Super Touring). It’s a weight to power class with mostly everything else open mod wise. As long as you meet the minimum 8.7-1 ratio, its all legal.

I would figure the 00 Cobra R’s could possibly run that class. You would be a little on the heavy side, but should be able to get close to that number. Anyone on here ever run with them or race with them? Would be very cool to see a 00 R running around the track.

We have a couple 00R members in here that race AIX. There are a couple of us with race legal 95R's that have run them AI.

Brian

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
Yeah, I guess American Iron makes more sense to run than ST2... but they wouldn't be far off of the power to weight ratio in that class if they could bump the hp up a little and shed some weight.

Users who are viewing this thread