CobraCleric's 19hr exterior detail and paint correction.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
So ive started my side business and a few guys showed some interest. CobraCleric was the first one to give me his car to work on and boy was I in for a challenge..All I did this weekend was wash, clay, compound with megs 105/205, seal with JetSeal 109, glazed with Black Light and waxed with liquid Souvouran. This was a huge challenge due to the sand embedded into the paint..this car worked me. CobraCleric allowed me to put my logo on the car as well...feeling very accomplished right now. i really care about the cars i detail, its a passion.. id didnt charge but $325 cause i need to get my name out and i know how it goes at first but i was THRILLED at the after on this car...hell be on here im sure so dont be too harsh

before photos..hard to tell how dirty is is on the paint

P1090552.jpg

P1100569.jpg

sand in the paint
P1100558.jpg

P1100556.jpg

rims were TRASHED, but theres a happy ending
P1090555.jpg

P1090553.jpg

P1100561.jpg

P1100562.jpg

starting to buff

P1100568.jpg

test panel...sanded with 2000gr after this test
P1100571.jpg

before
P1100574.jpg

after
P1100573.jpg

engine after
P1100559.jpg

rims after, chipping chrome and need re-chroming
P1100560.jpg

P1120584.jpg

clear paint after
P1110577.jpg

P1110579.jpg

P1120583.jpg

roof was sanded as well with 2000
P1120585.jpg

P1120586.jpg

P1120587.jpg

and my logo on the car..i designed it
P1120589.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
WOW, that thing was TRASHED! You did an awesome job bringing it back! :beer:

Just curious, when you wet sanded the paint, did you only use 2000 grit? (I've never wet sanded a car before, not sure if I really want to either lol)

musclefan21

Established Member
ok beside the point that you did an amazing job,

what on earth did he do to that poor car? That car needs a better home...

P.S. care to tell us how much you charge for a work just like that?

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I have never seen wheels that bad before. I am not sure how that is possible, it it open tracked?

Just curious, when you wet sanded the paint, did you only use 2000 grit? (I've never wet sanded a car before, not sure if I really want to either lol)

I have megs 2000, 2500 and 3000. I would highly advise against it unless you have a paint depth gauge and are for sure there is enough clear coat. There is not a lot of clear from the factory. You could wet sand it and buff it, it would look great and then after a couple weeks spots will start showing where there is no longer any clear coat. After that, the only option is new paint job.

Hope you got paid at least $800.. That's some serious work you did there!

Seriously, should have made a lot of money on that car.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
ok beside the point that you did an amazing job,

what on earth did he do to that poor car? That car needs a better home...

P.S. care to tell us how much you charge for a work just like that?
i quote when i see the car and this car was an agreed hook up as my first customer. it sits outside by the beach, he wasnt aware that you could was your car in CA since it is frowned upon

Hope you got paid at least $800.. That's some serious work you did there!
i didnt but thank you...i really care about my work

Nice work. I really need to give my cars paint some tlc.
its worth it

i like 2000 cause it cuts slow but ive been around this stuff for a while
Talk about a transformation. Nice work! :rockon:

thank you

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
I have never seen wheels that bad before. I am not sure how that is possible, it it open tracked?

I have megs 2000, 2500 and 3000. I would highly advise against it unless you have a paint depth gauge and are for sure there is enough clear coat. There is not a lot of clear from the factory. You could wet sand it and buff it, it would look great and then after a couple weeks spots will start showing where there is no longer any clear coat. After that, the only option is new paint job.

Seriously, should have made a lot of money on that car.
not sure but i know he raced it in MD. 2000 isnt bad if you know what to look for and just shit spots...i need a gauge though

to be honest im trying to get my name out and charged $325

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
That's so much work for 300 bucks.

You have some balls to just go to town wet sanding on a customers car, haha. I only use mine on paint chips. I'll fill the chip in, sand it even with factory clear in a small patch as possible and then buff out.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member

You have some balls to just go to town wet sanding on a customers car, haha. I only use mine on paint chips. I'll fill the chip in, sand it even with factory clear in a small patch as possible and then buff out.

im insured and i called him before i did it.

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member

it was real light...some of the scratches caused by the sane needed more sanding but i stopped where i knew i still had clear

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
Sadly the pics don't even do it justice. It was a mess before and minus a few chips that no detail could fix, car looks amazing.

Can't recommend the op enough, shoot him a pm to give your car some good treatment.

And yes the car is raced drag and OT, but that is still no excuse for the condition. Swirl Slayer Detailing brought it back to life.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Beautiful work and a very nice ride (after anyway)! He better keep it clean now though. Your name is on it.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
Too bad you're not close to me, otherwise you would have my business

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
Beautiful work and a very nice ride (after anyway)! He better keep it clean now though. Your name is on it.
lol its ok im just thankful to get the advertising..cards coming soon which will help

Too bad you're not close to me, otherwise you would have my business

i appreciate it...its the thought that counts:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread