Coil-over ?

BLKXTC

Established Member
Will my 175 lbs qa1 springs work with the MMCO-1 kit for the bilsteins. I dont want to have to buy new springs. The QA-1 shocks make to much noise and I am not happy with the product. Will the bilsteins work with the upr c/c plates? Im having all kinds of noise with my coilovers. Its so bad I cant even listen to my cd player it skips every time I hit a bump it feels like someone is hitting my car with a sledgehammer. I know this is multiple questions but any help would be great. Dennis

Set-up
AJE K-member,A-arms no spring perch
QA1 shocks,175lbs springs
UPR c/c plates

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Can't tell you for sure, but my recommendation would be to upgrade to the MM parts all around. At least for the C/C plates and coil overs.

wheelhopper

Established Member
The UPR cc plates should be fine. I would use the Hypercoil springs that MM sells over the QA1 springs. I have the MM coil over kit with a cc kit that I can not even remember the name of and a UPR K member, and I have no noise. (knock on wood).

BLKXTC

Established Member
Dont know what the length is sorry. Part #10-175. I have been told that the qa1 shocks make alot of noise but this is too much noise. I think my next step is mm c/c plates I talked to Jared at Lethal and he said to start there. The upr's look like it mounts metal to metal. Not to happy with qa1 stuff paid good money for good product and got more noise then I could ever imagine. Thank you all for your replies. Dennis

BLKXTC

Established Member
Im sorry they are 14-175 It looks like the springs are rubbing the treads on the qa1 shocks. You can see rub marks on the springs. I did not do the installation but had someone trust worthy to do this setup. Is something not together right?

Last edited:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
the 14s are still fairly noisy but it should be something you can live with. if you have adjustable struts that should help.

who installed them? and where are you in nova?

Last edited:

MVD

Established Member
It looks like the springs are rubbing the treads on the qa1 shocks. You can see rub marks on the springs. I did not do the installation but had someone trust worthy to do this setup. Is something not together right?

There is no way the springs should be hitting the coilover. Are the coilovers also QA1?? Sometimes (like with Strange) you have to run their specific coilover and spring to clear the strut.

BLKXTC

Established Member
The shocks are adjustible qa1 I think 12 way. I am in Leesburg. The shop foreman at Jerrys Ford. He has done blowers on cars and other coilover setups before (not on a cobra though) In other words I trust him. But something is not right on this front end.

Last edited:

BLKXTC

Established Member
Well thanks to Lethal I found out what was going on. I should not have 175lbs springs on my car I should at least have a 225lbs so I ordered some springs and I am putting them on this weekend. Thank you to everyone at Lethal. Dennis

MVD

Established Member
Well thanks to Lethal I found out what was going on. I should not have 175lbs springs on my car I should at least have a 225lbs so I ordered some springs and I am putting them on this weekend. Thank you to everyone at Lethal. Dennis

What was Jared's reasoning for telling you the 175# springs were wrong?

I run 175# springs on my car and my coilovers are perfectly quiet.....even on rough roads.

BLKXTC

Established Member
I talked to Matt and he said that the weight of the 03/04 I need at least a 225# my problem is binding and springs rubbing on top eachother. Which makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread