Coming back into the mustang game

supercharged680

Established Member
Hello everyone, i owned a 2012 mustang 5.0 manual and i loved every single day of it i then sold it 3 years ago and went into the German side of things, bought a 2016 Golf R as a daily driver and a 991 GT3 as a track toy and weekend drives.

I did not drive the GT350 yet as the dealer in Dubai has none available for test drives and no one i know owns this car, i do however am in love with the combo , RWD , Manual and a high revving V8 basically the manlier version of the GT3 :cool:

A few questions i have in mind are,

1 : The Dubai dealer offers the 2017 currently and has no shipment coming in for the 2018 MY , I asked them if the 2017 they have in stock has the track pack since it should come from Ford as standard but i would not be surprised if they option them out to save on cost, the sales guy said " it has track apps sir not track pack " He should have probably paid attention during the training seminar , is there a way for me to identify it myself since they have a few cars sitting in their warehouse so i can go ahead and have a look myself.

2 : is the GT350 going to get the facelift that the GT got? if so how long till that is released.

3 : Last but not least , Is there any confirmation of a dual clutch GT350 , i think that would also be something nice to wait for.

Thanks guys!

ArkLightning

Established Member
The 2017s all have the complete track package of coolers, etc - but on an export car I don't know.

The 2018 is the same as the 2017 except for a few color changes. The now announced 2019 is also expected to be unchanged except for colors. I don't think anyone expects body changes on such a low production car as long as the basic platform remains in production.

The GT350 utilizes the dual disc clutch. If you mean a dual disc automatic I don't think you will ever see that on a future GT350.

Good luck - I moved up from a 12 GT and miss mine but haven't regretted the 350 at all.

ANGREY

Established Member
Wouldn’t the Recaro seats be an indicator of the track package?

I don't think so, the easier way to spot track pack vs. non is the strut tower brace. The Aluminum brace was only offered in track pack (on pre-17) included cars and obviously the R's. The Aluminum brace features thicker end sections than the center section. The steel brace (included on non-track pack cars) was a continuous profile all the way across. I think now the aluminum brace is standard.

I could be wrong, but whether the car has heated/powered seats or Recaros could be different even with a tech or a track pack car.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Do you still have the GT3? I don't think the GT350 is going to feel anything like the GT3. It's quite a bit heavier. You might end up disappointed in how it feels. If you like American cars, and Mustangs in particular, you're going to love it.

Like mentioned, all '17 and newer GT350s come with the Track Pack as standard equipment. Recaros aren't a good indicator since they were the standard seat across the board, and the Comfort (?) Package replaced them with Barcaloungers (the non-sport, heated/cooled seats). A quick visual queue is to look at the rear wing. If it's brand new and has the duck tail spoiler, it's a Track Pack. If it has that little taped on strip, it's not. The huge airfoil is obviously an R.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
1 : The Dubai dealer offers the 2017 currently and has no shipment coming in for the 2018 MY , I asked them if the 2017 they have in stock has the track pack since it should come from Ford as standard but i would not be surprised if they option them out to save on cost, the sales guy said " it has track apps sir not track pack " He should have probably paid attention during the training seminar , is there a way for me to identify it myself since they have a few cars sitting in their warehouse so i can go ahead and have a look myself.

2 : is the GT350 going to get the facelift that the GT got? if so how long till that is released.

3 : Last but not least , Is there any confirmation of a dual clutch GT350 , i think that would also be something nice to wait for.

Thanks guys!

1. Track Apps are the programming in the dashboard display. Track Pack is not a 2017 option - the magnetic suspension and trans/diff coolers are standard equipment. The Recaro seats are also standard equipment, but if the car has the Comfort Pack, it will have different seats. If you can get the VIN, you should be able to look it up on the Ford website and get the actual options for that specific car.

2. No.

3. Not as of 2018. The DCT gearbox is available to Ford from Tremec, but Ford hasn't said anything yet about putting it in a GT350.

supercharged680

Established Member
Thanks for answering my questions guys, the only issue i have with the dealer is that he has no test drives available, i would never buy a car that i have never drove, i did drive the regular 5.0 with a manual, but its a different car.

Also the last thing i would do is buy the car and in 3-6 months see the all new GT350 get revealed, plus the car costs 75,000 USD here for the regular GT350 , No R's are available.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I bought my R pretty much site unseen, other than some pics that the dealer sent me. I didn't get to drive it before I signed the paperwork. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Go check out a Youtube channel called Obsessed Garage. He had a 991 GT3 and GT350 Track Pack together. He LOVED his GT350, but acknowledged that it doesn't drive like the GT3. (He was also upfront that he was salty about not being able to get an R without an ADM. haha) He has sense gotten rid of the GT350 and the GT3. He replaced the GT350 with a Raptor and the GT3 with a GT3 RS.

ArkLightning

Established Member
If you got to drive a manual GT car and liked it then I wouldn't worry too much about not getting to drive a GT350 in advance. Set in normal mode (suspension, steering, exhaust) it will drive very similarly to a GT with an upgraded appearance package - unless you wind it above 4000 rpm or clamp on the big brakes. Set it to Sport mode and you will see a little different car - stiffer, more responsive, louder - and still with big brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread