compression check results?

spincobra03

Established Member
I think these are ok but I need second opinions?

not sure on each cylinder yet as I dont have the print out but the high was 155 and the lowest was 145.

spincobra03

Established Member
Mrpork, I spoke with Dan tonight at pro-dyno, got some mods in the works if the car checks out. The spring cruise is ON!!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Was this test performed hot or cold? The numbers are pretty low for a hot test, but the numbers aren't so much a concern as is the spread, which there should be no more than 10% between the lowest and highest which the test falls into.

spincobra03

Established Member
Was this test performed hot or cold? The numbers are pretty low for a hot test, but the numbers aren't so much a concern as is the spread, which there should be no more than 10% between the lowest and highest which the test falls into.

the guy said he drove 25 minutes to the shop and they tried to wait 30 minutes until doing the test.

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member

10%?

My pass side were all at 180.. then my driver side were all out of wack. cyl 5 was 145psi, 6 was 90ps1, 7 was 135psi and 8 was 110.

I removed my heads took them to the machine shop and all the combustion chambers on the pass side had cracks and this was the good head.......the cracks were where the spark plug thread transistions to the combustion chamber there is a link of it on socalterminators.com... so now my heads are useless paper weights and gonna buy new heads soon. And yes I had the older heads. Not bad for heads with 95k miles and the beaten the car has took. I think what added to the cracked chambers was I know that the car had been overheated about 3 times.

Last edited:

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
I think these are ok but I need second opinions?

not sure on each cylinder yet as I dont have the print out but the high was 155 and the lowest was 145.

you might wanna try another gauge. thats not too bad though. I used 2 different gauges because my results from the driver side actually pissed me off.

spincobra03

Established Member
Yeah I was told anything under 110 is real bad. I was also told 145 to 160 range is where most used ones fall (on average) So I guess I feel fairly confident that the motor is strong. Should I not feel that way?

RussZTT

Established Member
145 is in the low range but as long as the numbers fall within the 14% range I wouldn't worry to much.

spincobra03

Established Member
Dan is the man!

Pro-Dyno FTW!!!

Dan is the F'n man!! I wish he would pay to be a vendor on here, I think he is just happy with where he's at I guess. He is so knowledgeable as well as a great guy. The customer service is second to none.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Dan is the F'n man!! I wish he would pay to be a vendor on here, I think he is just happy with where he's at I guess. He is so knowledgeable as well as a great guy. The customer service is second to none.

+1, one of the best tuners around for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread