confused on what heads I have

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
For a small number of people who developed this there are lots of people are worried about it.:banana:

Mark, if you vehicle is out of warranty, and it would be unless you have an extended warranty, you would have to pay for the head(s) and installation. Even if you were under warranty, they would only be replace IF you developed the tick issue. And a very small percentage of Terminators have developed the issue.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For a small number of people who developed this there are lots of people are worried about it.:banana:

That's because when the issue first appeared Ford initially issued a TSB that didn't fix the problem, and it was first believed the issue only affected Cobras produced before November, 2002. Then the issue occured on later run 2003s, and 2004 models. The ensuing confusion & panic in the Terminator community started a number of rumors to arise, including the blue stripe myth. Add it all together and in the minds of those not familiar with the facts, it becomes an issue that every potential 2003-2004 Cobra owner becomes concerned about when looking at used Terminators. Especially 2003s.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I can say the blue stripe is a myth cause I have one on my heads and they are original and it is a very early production 2003 and it had 3000 miles on it when I bought it.

04redfireRO

DRACULA'S COUNTRY
Established Member
That's very good info.
Does any of you guys have a video with a ticking head just to hear how loud is this tick? I know i have loud injectors but i also don't exactly know how a ticking head sounds like.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's very good info.
Does any of you guys have a video with a ticking head just to hear how loud is this tick? I know i have loud injectors but i also don't exactly know how a ticking head sounds like.

Yes, I have a video on my website. Here you go! Click on the link in the middle paragraph.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Yes, I have a video on my website. Here you go! Click on the link in the middle paragraph.

I've always thought the "tick" should be referred to as a "rattle" instead. These engines have a lot of natural ticks, especially from the injectors and the FRPS, but when you are plagued with the "rattle" you can definitely tell the difference!

Users who are viewing this thread