Congrats Kevin!!!!!!!!

my99svt

um, yeah
Established Member
Congradulations Kevin on your class win at the Mid-American Ford and Shelby Show here in Tulsa.
You have a very Beautiful car! Good to meet you and everyone else at this event.
By the way, I had the Contour SVT.

See ya, Tim

kevin

not much in the way of details to give, but here's what i've got. the class was 96 to current svt cobra (non-vert's) modified. it was a popular vote (there was at least one roush in the group) i know there were at least 14 cars in this group. after three days of track time it only took a few hours to clean it for the show (not the chassis). i don't normally do car shows with two very important exceptions: 1. i gotta be there for track time, and 2. gotta have friends there.

the track was pretty good. the owners are refurbishing it over a couple of years. they've got some track done and the rest will be next year. i had only two problems with the car. the clutch replacement worked well until ya pressed the clutch to the floor and the fork goes to far, hitting the pressure plate (we think). a friend of mine (tom sheppard) was driving the car on track and noticed it. i never take the clucth to the floor cause ya loose time in excess pedal movement (change gears enough per lap and it adds up). so next monday it goes back for a look-see. the second issue was the tires. i have hoosier r3s03 tires. they add 14 25 minute runs on them, no cord showing and plenty of rubber. the problem was they had heat cycled so many times that they were no longer sticky. the track was a bit slick as well. so i got a lot of time in throwing the car into drifts and slide. this effort really wears ya out though. it was a blast even given the tires.

road america will find me with a set of the hoosiers and maybe a set of kummo victoro(sp?). anyone heard anything on these tires?

well, i'm gonna catch up on all the postings i missed while i was gone.

say congrats to tim as well on his contour showing. ask him.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

Users who are viewing this thread