Convertible Color Combo Numbers

03cobra5485

Established Member
might as well make that 129 for the white/parch/parch..i painted mine and switched the top to black

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Cool find! Did not know my 03 vert was 1 of 7. White/Black/Parch

Thanks for posting!!

how did you get that? were you the original owner?

from all the brochures and everything you could not order it that way and always wondered about that

TrickleVenom

SVT fan
Established Member
No, I actually just bought the car from Tennessee. I will be the second owner, I thought it was weird that the seats were tan. I thought the original owner had the seats redone. Turns out it was an option! I get to pick up my car tomorrow evening from the local dealership, It has been in transport for the last 2 weeks getting to MN. I will be taking LOTS of pics when it gets here. First things first, I need to get it home :)

I just figured all SVT Cobra's came with the 10th anniversary Red/Black combo, or Grey/Black. :shrug:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Depending on the color of your seat inserts it is less than that. 128 is total 2004 White convertibles, 94 with Charcoal inserts (black) and 35 with Medium Graphite (gray) inserts. I have never seen a break down that included top color.

I am not sure if Parchment was available as a top color, the only choice may have been black. Anybody?

yes as far as i can remember, parchment was definetely available as a top color...

but everything i saw at the time said that if you did choose that, you would have had to get parchment seats as well. which is why i am so curious as to how these few cars (1 of 7 for instance) came to be. i am thinking that it had to be some kind of special order within fords coporate system

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Cool find! Did not know my 03 vert was 1 of 7. White/Black/Parch

Thanks for posting!!

I am not sure if Parchment was available as a top color, the only choice may have been black. Anybody?

yes as far as i can remember, parchment was definetely available as a top color...

which is why i am so curious as to how these few cars (1 of 7 for instance) came to be.
His top is black, I was wondering if in 2003 there were any white cars with a Parchment top. For that matter...

Was a parchment top available in 2004 on any color car?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
His top is black, I was wondering if in 2003 there were any white cars with a Parchment top. For that matter...

Was a parchment top available in 2004 on any color car?

right i was just using his as an example of the ones where the top and interior didn't match, because i have always wondered how folks were able to order those combos

but as far as i know, you definetly could not order a parchment top on a comp orange car, but i think you could on a black car in 2004

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
^ u know what, scratch that - sorry cobraesq

perhaps parchment was not an available option on any 2004 car - none were built - but perhaps i am mistaken about it being available in 2004.

mach1033

Established Member
Parchment top and interior here and I love it.
217648[/ATTACH]"]http://
cobra061.jpg

217650[/ATTACH]"]http://
cobra055.jpg

217652[/ATTACH]"]http://
cobra057.jpg

217654[/ATTACH]"]
cobrapics007.jpg

Attachments

• cobra061.jpg
    cobra061.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 83
  • cobra055.jpg
    cobra055.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 106
  • cobra057.jpg
    cobra057.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 96
  • cobrapics007.jpg
    cobrapics007.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 103

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
perhaps parchment was not an available option on any 2004 car

I have the ordering guide for dealers and it says that Parchment wasn't available for either top or seats in 2004

Last edited:

Captcomputer

Established Member
2004 Cobra Convertible
All had Black Tops according to SVT Team build sheet.

Black (UA)
Med. Graphite Int. 84
Dk. Charcoal Int. 308

White (Z1)
Med. Graphite Int. 34
Dk. Charcoal Int. 94

Scream. Yellow (D6)
Dk. Charcoal Int. 167

Co. Orange (CY)
Dk. Charcoal Int. 72

Torch Red (D3)
Med. Graphite Int. 35
Dk. Charcoal Int. 132

Red Fire (G2)
Med. Graphite Int. 50
Dk. Charcoal Int. 159

Silver Met. (YN)
Med. Graphite Int. 94
Dk. Charcoal Int. 172

Mystichrome (G6)
Mystichrome 495

03' White Snake

Established Member
According to "Lead Foot Iron Fist" they have all the color combo build numbers, Says there is 137 OW w/parchment, only available in 03'.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member

but everything i saw at the time said that if you did choose that, you would have had to get parchment seats as well. which is why i am so curious as to how these few cars (1 of 7 for instance) came to be. i am thinking that it had to be some kind of special order within fords coporate system

Nah, I remember when placing my order that certain colors you could mix the black top / parchment interior, or parchment top / gray interior. But not for every color, which is why some colors have the odd mix and some don't.

The low production numbers of the "odd mix" cars is because most people have some sense of color coordination and style. Just because you CAN order a certain-to-be-rare combo doesn't mean that you should :nonono:

Last edited:

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
The low production numbers of the "odd mix" cars is because most people have some sense of color coordination and style. Just because you CAN order a certain-to-be-rare combo doesn't mean that you should :nonono:
HEY!!! I love my "odd mix" Black/Black/Parchment combo.

With the top down, no one knows the color (Black/Parchment) of my top. With the top up (never happens lol), it still looks fine with the Parchment inserts. IMHO a Parchment top looks good on only certain body colors (White & Red) so I am not surprised that they did not carry it over to 2004.

FACTOID: Did you know that the Terminator only cloth top was sourced from Jaguar, which Ford owned at the time?

Users who are viewing this thread