coolant crossover tube plug

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
Hey guys, this plug has a piece broke off in it and I cannot get it off with a pair of adjustable pliers. How do you guys get this plug out when this happens? Is this a common problem with these plugs? I bought it that way, and was planning on removing the plug to install a water temp sender in it.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
i've used vice grips positioned just right to only catch the plug lip. i think it's pretty common that the factory access port rounds off pretty easily

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Might have to grind the paint off the top and weld a nut on it. Never have issues turning it out after that.
Mine is still stock and I've never had a problem getting mine out luckily but I've heard of others on the forum doing that.

TVSCobra

Established Member
I had to use Vise grip pliers to remove mine. Next time I will have a nut welded on like others have stated. Try and loosen it up with the car hot, but do not remove it completely with the car hot. Let it cool and let the pressure bleed off slowly before completely removing it.

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
Does anyone know if the autometer water temp fittings will fit, or what size the plug is? 3/8 NPT? Thaanks for the advice guysn will give it a shot as soon as I find out what I need to mount the sending unit in there.

fiveohfanatic

ITS STOCK I SWEAR
Established Member
finally got it off, heated it up with a propane torch. Popped loose the first try. I ordered a temp sender bung to put in place of it and to run my lunar water temp gauge. Thanks again guys.

Users who are viewing this thread