coolant in Blower??

331power

Established Member
I just finished my cams install, and it started and idled awesome. Then I went to fill the IC system and bleed it, by jumping the relay and sucking the air out, but with no luck. I started the car and it is idling like crap, I was like WTF???? Upon doing some investigating I pulled the ruuber elbow of the TB and water came out of the TB!!!!! How can this happen??? It is not overheating, no water in the oil either. Maybe a bad seal between the cooler and the blower??? Any thoughts?????

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
Don't run it like that whatever you do! See this thread here to find out what can happen to your engine.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/649984-blown-head-gasket-60k.html

You will likely need to replace the 4 O-rings on the intercooler inlet pipes. Hopefully it isn't the intercooler itself thats bad.

Also after you repair the leak before you start the car disconnect the vacuum line that runs from under the blower to the PCV line. Use a shop vac or something to suck the water from the tube that comes out from under the blower. I like to take a clear tube that fits in that hose and stick one end in the hose. On the other end of the clear tube about 3 inches from the end I cut a small hole in it. I then take my air nozzle and stick it in the hole I just made and point it towards the end. When compressed air is blown out the tube it creates a nice vacuum behind it via venturi action. It will safely suck all the water out of the lower manifold.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
''You will likely need to replace the 4 O-rings on the intercooler inlet pipes. Hopefully it isn't the intercooler itself thats bad''
This

331power

Established Member
Don't run it like that whatever you do! See this thread here to find out what can happen to your engine.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/649984-blown-head-gasket-60k.html

You will likely need to replace the 4 O-rings on the intercooler inlet pipes. Hopefully it isn't the intercooler itself thats bad.

Also after you repair the leak before you start the car disconnect the vacuum line that runs from under the blower to the PCV line. Use a shop vac or something to suck the water from the tube that comes out from under the blower. I like to take a clear tube that fits in that hose and stick one end in the hose. On the other end of the clear tube about 3 inches from the end I cut a small hole in it. I then take my air nozzle and stick it in the hole I just made and point it towards the end. When compressed air is blown out the tube it creates a nice vacuum behind it via venturi action. It will safely suck all the water out of the lower manifold.

Where can I buy these o rings????

331power

Established Member

where can I get these o rings??? Can I go to the local auto parts store???? I tried the dealer but they only had 2!!!!!

wjurls

More money than brains
Established Member
I just bought 4 of them today at the local dealer and they are freakin expensive. I did of course have to order them because they didn't have any in stock. I'm sure you can find some O-rings that will fit at NAPA. I have a assortment of o-rings here in my garage but after seeing what can happen with an intercooler leak I decided not to take any chances with the wrong seals. If these leak you won't know it until it's too late. :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread