Coolant Light

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
My car just started giving me the low coolant light when the engine is cold. I checked the coolant, and there are no leaks, and there is plenty in there... It also seems to run at the normal temperature... even in stop-n-go traffic.
Anyone have any suggesions? Has anyone had this similar problem?
My procharger is going on in 1 week... and I want to make sure my motor is in PERFECT shape before I smoke my warranty, with a year and a half left.

-Homer

Spiffy668

Established Member
You too huh? I noticed this the other day. My level is fine and I checked all around and didn't find any leaks either. :shrug: Only thing that comes to mind is the sensor? Bad or in the wrong place?? :??:

fryingricecobra

Crappyservice=Nocustomers
Established Member
The light in my 96 always comes on. I have plenty in there so I don't know what the deal is. I know this doesn't help you but maybe someone out there that reads this can help both of us.

Nick

denialdave

Established Member
same here'99 Cobra vertable

I have read on other threads that the problem is the sensor, which is built into the overflow container.

To fix it you must replace the container too.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
As Homer said, Warranty. Other than that, I would guess that if you trust your tempreture gauge, and you have enough coolant, then there shouldn't be anything to worry about besides an annoying light which Homer gave great instructions as to how to fix. You said it did this when it first started? Do you have some odd mixture that would expand alot more than normal after a few minutes of run time? Good Luck and have fun with that Procharger!

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
The light doesent come on anymore!!! I guess it must have been a little bit low. :rolling: (even though it said there was enough according to the sight-scale on the side of the tank)
I filled it to the brim with some Aquafina on the way back from florida because it was annoying the hell out of me. The light was still on, until I turned the car off, then turned it back on again.
No more coolant light. We'll see if it comes on when its 30 degrees out and cold... compared to 60 down in the "dirty south":beer:

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread