Cooling Mods?? What is the best??

racebronco2

Established Member
Can you elaborate on the benefit of the new stat you are coming out with. I am in the Midwest where we have 100* plus summers and high humidity. Cooling is a big issue. I currently have your stat, and I have a KC ready to be installed when I pulley it.
I am also going to research the benefits of adding a aftermarket oil cooler, and the Venom Cooler.
Another thought I have had is running brake duct hose from the 2 lower holes in the front nose to supplement engine cooling through the hood vents. Do you know if any research has been done on this?

The oil cooler helps very little and the Venom cooler only really cools the snout bearings. No where does stieg state it cools the ait2's.

The modded hood so that our hoods are real heat extractors along with dual h/e in front is the best you can do. It's been said before .... increasing the airflow thru the radiator is the solution. Everything else helps a little.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
The oil cooler helps very little and the Venom cooler only really cools the snout bearings. No where does stieg state it cools the ait2's.

The modded hood so that our hoods are real heat extractors along with dual h/e in front is the best you can do. It's been said before .... increasing the airflow thru the radiator is the solution. Everything else helps a little.

Well the KC will take care of my AIT's better then anything else. I believe Stieg claims the Venom will limit heat soak on the SC which would effect AIT's some what. I don't know if it is enough to justify the money spent to do it though.
As far as the vents go I don't want to cut my hood. I have already removed the blanket and done the vent mod. Do you know if running ducts from the holes in the front dam into the engine compartment will help with air flow?

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The KC like any cooling mods depends on many other factors and the biggest IMO is outside temp. With that said, i love my KC and drag kit. Flip a switch and in cab cooling is off and there's no dripping water on the road/track. As a bonus, the KC is more efficient. Next track outing, im going to datalog some hot lapping to see how well it works.

racebronco2

Established Member
Well the KC will take care of my AIT's better then anything else. I believe Stieg claims the Venom will limit heat soak on the SC which would effect AIT's some what. I don't know if it is enough to justify the money spent to do it though.
As far as the vents go I don't want to cut my hood. I have already removed the blanket and done the vent mod. Do you know if running ducts from the holes in the front dam into the engine compartment will help with air flow?

Steig has said the temperature of the blower front to back was about 100* difference, with the venom cooler it's alot closer now.

You need airflow thru the radiator not in the engine compartment.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
You need airflow thru the radiator not in the engine compartment.[/QUOTE]

Trying to get that done on a every day driver (non race car) is a challenge!

racebronco2

Established Member
You need airflow thru the radiator not in the engine compartment.

Trying to get that done on a every day driver (non race car) is a challenge![/QUOTE]

Not with a modded hood like mine. I have modded two hoods for daily drivers and both guys have nothing but good things to say. There are two more guys out there with my hoods but they haven't had time to get thenm installed and them painted yet.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I removed my hood liner and then clipped off the bottoms of my hood vents. When it is cold outside you can actually see the heat coming out at idle where you get that mirage bending the image effect.

Easy free mod that works.

Just imagine rolling down the HWY and how much it pulls the heat out!

racebronco2

Established Member
do you have a hood that is done ready to ship? Price?

The cost is 400.00 labor plus the hood. I do have one skin i am doing. It only weighs about 19psi.

I removed my hood liner and then clipped off the bottoms of my hood vents. When it is cold outside you can actually see the heat coming out at idle where you get that mirage bending the image effect.

Easy free mod that works.

Just imagine rolling down the HWY and how much it pulls the heat out!

It doesn't work at speed, i tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread